Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Right, Mac mini nerds, help
  • paulosoxo
    Free Member

I can’t be arsed to RTFM,

Two questions, My @ and ” buttons are the wrong way round, and my wheel scroll on my mouse is upside the wrong way round.

How do I fix this?

cbike
    Free Member

Use a mac keyboard. or draw the little symbols on with a pen?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

🙂

I have the Tipp-Ex ready

zilog6128

As suggested, get a real keyboard, not a play one 😀

As for the mouse – are you using Lion? Haven’t got it myself, but apparently the first check box on the Mouse Preference Pane controls this “feature”.

rs
    Free Member

US keyboard settings?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I use one keyboard and monitor for work laptop and pc with a belkin button thing that flips between the two.

Mouse is fixed now, thanks for that

vikingboy
    Free Member

system preferences, language and text, input sources, changed default layout to English

should see you in the right place to change

sharkbait
    Free Member

If that doesn’t work I installed an app that remapped the ” and @ keys so they’re correct. I can find it later if you want.

Sandwich

Sounds like your keyboard is set to Microsoft English.

sharkbait
    Free Member

just checked and I installed the “UK100 keyboard mod”, you could google it.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll have a look.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll have a look.

Not easy to find so I’ve mailed it to you.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Cheers!

That worked @@@@@@”””””!!!! 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yo may also want to remap your keyboard so that the ‘windows’ key becomes the Apple/command key.
    To do this go to System Prefs>Keyboard>Modifier Keys and swap the last two so that the Option key becomes the Command key and the command key becomes the option key.
    This way you can hit Windows[command] + Q to quit, Windows[command] + C to copy, etc.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Thanks again. That works also. My next step is to access my external HDD, however, I’m not sure what format it is in, and whether the mac can use it.

IA

Thanks again. That works also. My next step is to access my external HDD, however, I’m not sure what format it is in, and whether the mac can use it.

OSX will read more formats than a PC will, but won’t write NTFS without some extra software.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just plug it in you’ll soon find out if it doesn’t appear on the desktop… but I bet it does. 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

That means climbing under the desk, it’s connected to my router at present

CountZero

Can’t you access it via the router?

paulosoxo
    Free Member

The Mac can see it, and the first folder contained which is called public, but nothing more. when I try and set it up as a server it fails. It’s plugged in and transfering my pictures and music over now via USB, so the format is compatible.

It’s a real chatty IDE Hdd in a cheap network attched enclosure, but it’s not a proper NAS thingy

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Right, Mac mini nerds, help’ is closed to new replies.