Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Right, coil shock fitted. What do I do now? Pics attached
  • oxnop
    Free Member

At the advice of STW Blur LTc owners I got myself a coil to switch with my Monarch 4.2 when the going gets tough i.e. yearly Sierra Nevada holiday / Scottish big hills and techy lakes rides.

So i've fitted a lighter weight spring (400 lbs, i'm 13st kitted up), tightened the ring thing to stop the spring banging about (do i need to consider anything else with the pre load?), measured sag, put pro pedal into its lowest setting (vpp suspension apparently doesn't need it!) and rode up and down the road jumping kerbs etc.

So, is what I have done above correct and is there anything else I need to be doing before packing my van and heading up to scotland?

Any help/advice appreciated as im a coil virgin 😀

jam-bo

send it.

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Go ride,see how it feels. You can add about 3 turns of preload maximum if the spring is too soft. You'll know if you need a different spring after your trip.

There are a number of spring calculators which will give you a rough idea, you have probably used one already?

Take any spare sprngs in the van, you never know.

Don't pick up a ti spring, you will want one!

oxnop
    Free Member

send it.

Is this a new 'hip' DH inspired term? sounds cool, hey guys did you see me 'send it' on that big double. Rad.

Thanks

oxnop
    Free Member

There are a number of spring calculators which will give you a rough idea, you have probably used one already

I did, TFT stated around 350lbs for my weight. I got around 25% sag with the 450 and just on 30% with the 400lbs. Which i think is about right.

Don't pick up a ti spring, you will want one!

Yeah i know! I thought id get a couple of steel springs to see if I like 'coil', if it doesnt feel too different to the air shock ill prob just sell it. Im hoping otherwise though 8)

si-wilson
    Free Member

Are the vpp bikes regressive at the end of the travel?

adstick
    Free Member

Freeriders send it. Downhillers pin it. Jesus you guys, come on!

Mugboo

No its Parcel Force that 'send it', sometimes…

retro83
    Free Member

si_progressivebikes – Member
    Are the vpp bikes regressive at the end of the travel?

According to their marketing bumf, Blurs are falling rate until the last third, then rising rate to prevent bottom out.

LoCo
    Free Member

hi check my setup guide here:

http://www.locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html

Base settings bottom out fully out and then put 150psi in the boost valve.
    Any other issues feel free to give me a shout.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Right, coil shock fitted. What do I do now? Pics attached’ is closed to new replies.