Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)
  • Mountain Mayhem 2010 Roll Call
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

Solo's will have their own area next to the start finish line like the last couple of years.

Suburbanlife
    Free Member

First time for me as part of a team – just there to soak up the atmosphere. Oh and to do a few laps.

Travis

I'll be there, but as a spectator, I'll have just arrived from Beijing, and since it's in my back yard, I'll walk over the hills with the wife and wee one.
    If the weathers nice, we'll be wearing matching Twin Six Speedy Club kit… 😀 If you want to say Hello…

Have fun out there

robdeanhove
    Free Member

I'll be there.

Doing my first mayhem solo.

I might try and do my best impression of racing – is this so wrong? It is a timed race after all. Hopefully this means everyone who has stated they're just there to do a few laps can take pity on me give me a push as I slowly creak past them please?!

votchy
    Free Member

I'll be there, 5th year on the trot as a team of 4, with 3 others obviously, beware all ye of 'The Half Bloods' muahahahahahaha…..

Bigface0_0
    Free Member

WOOOHOOO, second time for us, Im so excited a bit of wee just came out… 😯

shortcut

I will be there! Almost looking forward to it now I have seen the weather forcast! Think I will still take the Singlespeed with mud tyres though! Just to be on the safe side!

BadlyWiredDog

I might try and do my best impression of racing – is this so wrong?

Yeah, it's all about the love. Get with the freakin' program will ya. Take a picnic along, a nice bottle of chablis, lay your tartan blanket down by the side of the singletrack and chill out dude. That's my plan anyway… The cat's coming too.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I'm putting mud tyres on my main & spare bike before I even get there-it WILL rain I tell you!!!!

40mpg

I'll be participating again with one of the Newforce teams – I think we have got 4 or 5 again this year.

I say 'participating' rather than 'racing' as we are visiting the cider factory down the roadn Friday afternoon. Needless to say some serious sampling will be taking place, and we'll be bringing some back to keep cool in the lake.

Oh and 7 or 8 mayhems for me, singlespeed team again. Every year I say never again but always end up back there.

phildowling
    Free Member

I'm guessing dogs are ok? As long as under control and all that jazz

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

We had a team dog last year. No bother, though playing fetch at 3am gets boring (not for the dog).

goldenwonder
    Free Member

We'll have a 12 week old Cocker Spaniel puppy with us keeping us entertained-feel free to come & see her in Solo camping!

cookeaa

First Mayhem, in a team of MM Virgins not aiming to be competitive, merely to finish…

Out of interest, how does the camping work if your team are all arriving separately but you want to park up/tent up together?

phildowling
    Free Member

goldenwonder – Member
    We'll have a 12 week old Cocker Spaniel puppy with us keeping us entertained-feel free to come & see her in Solo camping!

I'm already going to say "ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh he's/she's so cute" like i'm talking about a child, although dogs are always far cuter. 🙄

Our 2 collies will be the ones barking and whining to play with everyone and thing they see….apologies already 😉

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I'm already going to say "ooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh he's/she's so cute" like i'm talking about a child, although dogs are always far cuter.

Yep, have had this daily since we got her at 8 weeks!
    Nobody ever wants to talk to me now though, far to interested in the 'cute ikle puppy'

phildowling
    Free Member

Goldenwonder – Unless your Emily Batty or Angelina Jolie you've got no chance from me….my missues would probably say Brad Pitt or that Matt Carr lookalike blokey on that ship film

goldenwonder
    Free Member

I'm afraid I'm neither-hence the puppy, from a distance it makes me look popular to onlookers

Stoner
    Free Member

As a local I like to drop in for a look around. This year, rather than bring the MTB though, I think I may rock up with Stoner Jr on the back of the Finbred Xtracycle, probably with his Islabike in the boot… Look out for us:

DaveGr
    Free Member

Back again for another solo attempt but this time have the g/f helping in the pits. As she's never been to an MTB event and in fact only rode off road for the first time last Sunday I'm not sure she really knows what she's let herself in for !!!! I'm just making sure I have the keys to the van so she can't drive off at 4 in the morning when I've lost the plot…..

Bernaard
    Free Member

MM Virgin here. In the mixed vets for MTBBritain, but not taking it too seriously. Yeah right.

Luminous
    Free Member

Dimmadan.

The light should be in the post to you tomorrow, so hopefully you'll get it in time…

If anyone wants to see my very own light, a 601, try to catch it a the Mountain Mayhem.
    😉

Good luck to all in the Mayhem this year.
    🙂

Cheers.

L

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Luminous, any chance of some details on your lights?
    Burn times, prices etc? BY email if you prefer.
    Cheers
    Dave

Luminous
    Free Member

GW.

Hi.

Dimmadan will (hopefully RoyalMail..) be using a model 601.

The particular light that should be at Mayhem, when set to hi, will produce 70 Lux at 10 metres, or to put it another way, over 2000 Paper-Lumens.
    Constantly, for 90 mins. Longer if you're switching between hi and low.

That is made easier now with the remote switch, an old prototype of which, will be with the light, allowing the user to operate the light without letting go of the handle bar.

On low, constantly, the light will run for just over 4.5 hours

These runtimes are for the small battery, 2.6Ah.

One or two STW forum members have now had a chance to use a 601, and there are some in the hands of owners. No issues with any.

Cheers.
    🙂

Luminous

mboy
    Free Member

Hopefully this means everyone who has stated they're just there to do a few laps can take pity on me give me a push as I slowly creak past them please?!

Slowly creak past?

I'm taking a lasso with me just in case I get passed by a tall guy on an Orange Santa Cruz Tallboy, I've heard he's a bit nippy and I wouldn't mind a tow! 😉

gee
    Free Member

See you all there – my 9th one. Come and say hi on the Salsa stand.

GB

twinklydave

I'll be there, pretending to be all laid back on the Friday night by drinking beer…but then get all het up during the race and barge past everyone shouting "elite rider coming through" before missing all the corners, crashing and blaming the bike 😆

Hopefully this means everyone who has stated they're just there to do a few laps can take pity on me give me a push as I slowly creak past them please?!

I put it to you, that you are incapable of "slowly creaking past" anything and will be flat out for a long time 😉

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Hoorah! – another person happily admitting to getting all over excuberant on race day. I haven't ever felt cheeky enough to shout "elite rider coming through" but I like the idea. I think for me it might be more a case of of "solo rider going at an overly optimistic pace for this early stage of the race coming through"!

That I will be flat out for a long time I won't debate, that this won't be a slow creak for a significant proprtion of this is entirely debateable, given that the course has 1300ft of climbing per lap and I'm one of the morre, erm, "confotably proportioned" soloists. Is there a prize for the heaviest solo rider?

Either way, I'm getting butterflies already. Bring it on!

Looking forward to all the pushes this year from the declared non-racers though 😉

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

I'll be riding at an unsustainable pace for about half a lap I reckon.

You can't help but race when there are so many people out there

1 person on a bike = a bike ride

2 people on bikes = a race!!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Luminous's light will be on my Merida from 10pm on Saturday so if anyone wants to have a look you have to catch me first 😆

If all goes to plan I will be in the main arena at 12am Sunday starting my lap.

Keep an eye out for Steaming Ahead jerseys as they are my team.

After sleeping for 6 hours during last year's solo attempt, I finally admitted 24 hours is too much for me and got a place on a team with three guys I only know via STW and haven't met yet.

I'll be going for the Most Niche Bike and Team Kit Combination award by riding a fully rigid Ti 29er Rohloff while wearing a Vegan Cyclists jersey.

will
    Free Member

:rolls:

Oh, yeah, with a beard as well.

ourmaninthenorth

First time for me, but as part of a team who've ridden a few times before. We're going to race, but we know we'll not be worrying the podium.

Last time I raced my bike there, it was the Malverns Classic and 1993…. 😯

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I'll be there…

Riding very, very slowly…

trickydisco
    Free Member

Millitant> Hope to catch you again.. probably somewhere on the course 😀

Not taking it seriously this year. We've had 5 riders pull out of a 4 man team. I'm actually going to get some sleep this year and drink cider between laps.. eat some proper food.

And team fubar.. how many people have you got in your team? Saw your pitch last night.. mahhosive!

Stoner
    Free Member

odd layout to the main area this year. But good to see so many exhibitors/sponsors there even on Friday afternoon. Strange weather yesterday – very humid and mizzle, then it broke with a quick short shower and cooled off. Now, looking out the window, it seems to be brightening up and looking dry…

Stoner Jr and I dropped into to O-O. Scary inbred inflata-thingy.

Viewing 37 posts - 41 through 77 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Mountain Mayhem 2010 Roll Call’ is closed to new replies.