Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Right chaps, laptop audio not working? Help please.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

So the sound on my laptop isn’t working, Ive tried a few of the obvious things like making sure the sound is actually on, restarting it and installing any updates, and just there I downloaded some Realtek audio programme, but nothing. Its a Toshiba satellite of some sort with Windows 7. Never had many issues with it before and I don’t even know exactly when the sound went as I can sometimes go days without using it (I keep it on mute often).
    Oh and I also tried a system restore but nothing came of that either.

So any tips on what I could try before taking it to get looked at?

Thanks for any help!

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

What happens when you plug headphones in?
    Does the taskbar sound icon show it’s muted?
    if you pull out the audio mixer from the volume control does it show levels changing [moving green bar AFAIK*] when sound is playing?

*IDK I’m on the Chromebook!

michaelmcc
    Free Member

if you pull out the audio mixer from the volume control does it show levels changing [moving green bar AFAIK*] when sound is playing?

Yes it does move, haven’t tried headphones yet, will do and let you know.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Does it have more than one output?

Also, does it have ‘media buttons’ anywhere on the laptop? Mine has play, pause, mute etc. I sometimes knock the mute button by mistake.

McHamish
    Free Member

You could try deletng the driver from Device Manager…..windows will just install it again.

Sometimes that can fix things that stop working for no reason.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Right chaps, laptop audio not working? Help please.’ is closed to new replies.