Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • riga, latvia,
  • gohan
    Free Member

any one been? me and a few mates are going in october what can i expect weather wise and what should i make sure i dont miss???

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Don't miss the opportunity of getting arrested for p1ssing against Riga's 'Freedom Monument'.
    It's an absolute must for all young Brits who are up for a laugh.

Only having a bit of a laugh mate – what's your problem ?

gohan
    Free Member

fortunatly we are not going for a stag weekend and we are slightly more mature than all that,

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    clubber
    Free Member

Funnily enough we were talking about Riga yesterday – a couple of guys I work with have been twice – four years ago and then two years ago. Neither were stag weekends.

First time was great they said – cheap, Brits were popular and it was a great place to be

Second time, they said it had become very 'Brits Abroad' and Brits were unpopular and people tried to rip them off at every opportunity. They did say that they still managed to find some nice bars/places but they had to look around for it.

backhander
    Free Member

Went 4-5 years ago on a stag do.
    There's some "interesting" clubs.
    Locals hate us and I'm not sure I blame them.
    Cheap as you can get really, and you can arrange to spend an afternoon firing AK47s which is good if you've never fired one before.

BoardinBob

fortunatly we are not going for a stag weekend and we are slightly more mature than all that,

Don't expect the locals to know that. I was there last year on a conference. It's a great place but the locals really don't like the brits (which is very understandable). We were in a mixed group of around twenty (male/ female, old/ young) but even then the locals were very cold towards us. When we went for lunch one day we ordered drinks, all of which were soft drinks. The waitress looked puzzled for ages and asked if we'd made a mistake and why weren't we ordering beer!

theflatboy
    Free Member

i went a few years back on a non-stag trip, with some friends (male and female).

we had a great time, everyone was really friendly and we did our best to stay away from the touristy stag spots. it's a great place.

there's a really good bar called opium – we went there for a pre-dinner drink, ended up staying for dinner there, and then when it turned into more of a club just stayed. we were there from about 9pm til 4am, running up a tab and drinking and eating loads. by the end of the night the bill came to about £30 a head… can't argue with that!

this is it – definitely worth a look if it's still as good as it was:
    Opium Cafe

chakaping
    Free Member

Been on a stag trip, so may have only seen the seedier side of the city – but I wouldn't go back in a hurry.

ransos
    Free Member

Go and see the museum of occupation – all about the Soviet era. Chilling stuff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘riga, latvia,’ is closed to new replies.