Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • Riding watch
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Anyone have a wristwatch they wear specifically for riding? If so what?

redthunder
    Free Member

g-shock

solar and atomic

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Mine is a citizen eco drive but its not a specific cycling watch, its my only watch but i wear it for riding.

molgrips
    Free Member

Bike computer for me. I hate wearing a watch cycling.

Jerome
    Free Member

G shock
    I hate cycle computers..

jahwomble
    Free Member

G shock for me as well.Had it about ten or so years now. When I break it, I'd be more than happy to buy another. been smashed against trees,rocks etc repeatedly and still going strong.

Has a timer built in as well which is handy for poaching eggs etc.

Kuco

I stopped wearing a watch while riding a few years ago when I crashed once and the main body got pushed in and up my arm causing bruising and a nice big gash.

BTW it was a Casio, bloody good watch till that crash. Ended up with a smashed face.

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ive got a Casio F-91W its cheap light small and it works but the light is crap and I can never remember which button it it. I would get a Digital watch with the light button in the middle on the front for the ease of telling how long until last orders when on a night ride.

molgrips
    Free Member

I hate cycle computers..

Why?

JonEdwards
    Free Member
    dmetcalfe
    Free Member

garmin forerunner. then i dont need a computer on each bike, does alot more and can use it for running as well.

Daniel
    Free Member

Swatch 'Legendary Eagle' £50

Kuco

I use my Garmin forerunner for cycling, strapped to the handle bars.

Jerome
    Free Member

I hate cycle computers..
    Ok hate is a strong word – just never seen the point EXCEPT when stage racing, had one fitted for the transalps I have done.
    J.

simon_g

Not a specific one, but I have a titanium Citizen Promaster diving watch as my everyday one. Automatic, 200m WR (so no worries swimming or diving with it), cost about £80 delivered from some far-eastern ebay seller.

wwaswas

G-shock plus a Garmin 305. Although in winter I don't bother with a watch as it's covered.

theotherjonv

some cheap casio thing on a velcro strap. In winter, put it on over your jacket. I hate that feeling of delving up your sleeve to find out exactly how late you're going to be (how much trouble you're in) and getting rain and cold up your sleeve

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Garmin 7 series (or any) cycle computer?

Also have a Swiss Military watch copy -I won't cry too much when I smash it on a rock or lampost etc.

Del

g shock, but it goes on my shoulder strap when riding, cos i don't want it acting like a pivot point if i fall.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Suunto vector.
    10 years plus of skiing, biking and hiking. Takes lots of abuse and has an altimeter (good for those big mountain days out)

tron
    Free Member

I have a mate, and he wears a watch. I hate wearing a watch on the bike. Don't like them done up tight, and don't like that rattling around when you get bumped about.

Philby

Another for a G Shock – also have the time on my Cateye Wireless computer

molgrips
    Free Member

I find that when I bend my wrist back to hold the bars, the watch digs in to my hand.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Suunto Vector +1 or Casio Protrek

jonb
    Free Member

£10 casio thing from argos. I've broken tow nicer watches riding so decided to have a cheaper watch. Bigger numbers, light and a stopwatch which is all useful.

deluded
    Free Member

A black Rocks Watch. £10. http://www.rockswatch.com/watches/

Rubber and no faff.

DT78
    Free Member

Like deluded, I use the bebo version. Think mine cost £8.

Sadly I weighed the difference between this and my normal riding watch, something silly like 100g difference….very cheap way of saving weight 🙂

IHN

As someone else has said:

Cheap, light, thin, waterproof, if you break it it cost £7 to replace. What's not to like?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Casio G Shock that I've had for 12 years. Faultless.

deluded
    Free Member

If you have $11 million spare may I suggest the 'Patek Phillipe’s Supercomplication' pocket watch.

IanMmmm
    Free Member

A ten year old Breitling SuperOcean, cos I don't want to smash up the Rolex my lovely wife bought me as a wedding present 😀

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

If you have $11 million spare may I suggest the 'Patek Phillipe’s Supercomplication' pocket watch.

Any details? As it happens I do have about that amount "spare."

loddrik
    Free Member

IanMmmm, the Rolex is made of 903 steel which is well more up to taking a beating than the 316 the Breitling is made of…

IanMmmm
    Free Member

I didn't know that, but the Breitling has reached that point now where one more scratch won't be noticeable 😉 and I only got married last year, so the Rolex is still super shiny and new.

nockmeister
    Free Member

Traser H3…glows for 10yrs and has a fookin kewl radiation sign on the dial

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Rolexes/Breitlings – as classy as a stainless steel caravan with a golded up Lexus parked outside… 😆

Northwind

Another one of these

The watch of champions and insurgents. Well, mainly insurgents. I had one of these when I was about 8 :mrgreen:

loddrik
    Free Member

Rolexes/Breitlings – as classy as a stainless steel caravan with a golded up Lexus parked outside…

or a BMW… 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

G-Shock. Awesome.

But, what the blinking flip is powering it? Over 12yrs old without a battery change. Magic? Wizardry of some form?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

CFH – had two batteries in mine in 12 years but then I do use the funky "auto tilt" light quite often. It's bright enough to find keys/door locks!

Lodders – depends on the model.

Low key big engined model with no M Sport tarting up – classy
    M Sported up 318d/320d/320i with huge wheels – for Breitling/Rolex wearers.
    "Proper" M cars – usually classy.

ANY BMW with an inappropriate "M" badge – complete chav fail.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Riding watch’ is closed to new replies.