Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding near warwick
  • davesmum
    Free Member

Hi All

Can anybody recommend any decent routes around the Warwick / Leamington Spa area? It would be nice to find some real riding in the area and not have to put the bike in the car to travel elsewhere

Cheers

Bernaard
    Free Member

Keep an eye on the Godiva trailriders forum. You will have to register, but there are quite a few Leamington/Warwick riders on there.
    They meet every Wed evening in Coventry, but have Leam/Wark/Nuneaton rides all the time.
    Nice bunch too

rOcKeTdOg

Bit limited, bit flat, minimal bridleways, even cheeky stuff is scarce, nice summer ride along grand union/greenway then disused railway to long itchington (beer fest in may) or you can loop to Draycott water too I didn’t find a lot more apart from urban trails the 3 years I lived in the area. Some great routes for road rides though

rOcKeTdOg

Oh. Used to do a nice route from warwick to kenilworth castle via hatton and a few bridleways /canal, about 22 miles in total, probably 2/3 off road but nothing technical

DaveGr
    Free Member

Nope, there is none. I travel afar or cycle to the Cotswolds.

mboy
    Free Member

As Bernaard says, check out the Godiva Trail riders… Otherwise not very much I’m afraid!

Hi by the way Bernaard, dunno if you remember me, rode a few times with you guys back end of 2007 before I moved away from Coventry…

Bernaard
    Free Member

Sorry mboy, before my time. Hi anyway
    As Rocketdog says, the Offchurch disused railway line is ok and it runs all the way to Stretton.
    The bridleway from the back of Kenilworth castle to Warwick is ok, but not over taxing.
    If you are prepared to travel a little further for local trails, there is some good stuff in Wappenbury woods, near Ryton on Dunsmore and loads in Brandon woods.
    Usually what we do is link up the woods around Coventry.
    Yes I know Coventry isn’t the most inspiring, but there is some good singletrack hidden in them there woods

davesmum
    Free Member

Cheers for all of the replies… I’ll check out the suggestions and might follow up the Godiva Trail riders.

pigyn
    Free Member

Singletrack isn’t the only thing hidden in those woods.

onewheelgood

There’s nothing brilliant, but there are three routes that I ride regularly

25 miles, good variety, a really nice way to spend a spring Sunday morning

16 miles, uses the bridleway from Kenilworth Castle as part of a figure of 8 route

13 miles, shorter but actually harder than the route above ‘cos it has more hills.

We ride these all year round, but tend to stick to the 16 miler in the middle of winter as both the others have sections that are pretty much unrideable (unless frozen solid) when the mud is at its worst.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding near warwick’ is closed to new replies.