Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riding near San Francisco
  • oeuf1981
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend a tour/hire place in Marin county. I’ve been looking at Stoked SF in Sausalito. Anyone used them? I’m going on honeymoon to San Francisco in a few weeks and want to spend a day riding 😆 I’ve only got 1 day so needs to be a shortish drive from downtown.

Cheers

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’d take a look around Fairfax or San Anselmo for easier routes to Mt Tam. Both not far from SF, but light years apart in atmosphere.

oeuf1981
    Free Member

Thanks, I’ll look in to it. Do you happen to know a good rental shop?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Sorry I don’t, but its a question that is often asked on here. Try a search.

oeuf1981
    Free Member

Yea good point! Thanks 😳

robbo
    Free Member

If you only have a day I’d say hire in the city and ride out across the Golden Gate Bridge then return the bike next day with a really early tour of deserted streets and waterfront.

Coasting
    Free Member

Lots a great tracks in Marin.If u have alittle time Big Sur and Santa Cruz worth a look.A quick google search is the way to go.The bay area also has a vast network of tracks that are often overlooked but def worth the effort.

willard

+1 for the Golden Gate hire thing if you only have a day.

You can easily get right round the bridge and the next two towns in a few hours, then back to SF docks area in time for drinks. One word of warning though, if you go for the ordinary bikes, then have a very wide seat, which means that you can end up with some really quite bad chafing.

To be honest, a road bike is probably more than enough for the sorts of road that you will see round the bay.

spence
    Free Member

I’ve used Caesar’s Cyclery in San Anselmo a couple of times, just off St. Francis Drake. Basically butts against Fairfax so you can ride Mt Tam and The Taramancho right from the shop. Park in Belle Ave, no time restrictions but not by the school.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

+ 1 Fairfax – there is a bike shop there called ‘Fairfax Cyclery’, I am not sure if they do hire or not as I had my own bike with me when I rode there last year, but it might be worth firing them an email? Also you can pick up the day pass to ride Mt. Tam there!

I would HIGHLY recommend riding Mt. Tam!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riding near San Francisco’ is closed to new replies.