Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Riding in the rain…
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

…it’s brilliant isnt it. Did a nice 30 miler on the CX bike this evening – biblical rains.

Haze

Get home with a good buzz after a soaking, hate setting out in the stuff!

Oggles
    Free Member

Aye, brilliant! Did 4 hours on the road bike on Sunday (trough of bowland, nick of pendle). Plenty of opportunities for me to cut back early but I was in the mood for a good soaking!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Went for a shower when I got back. Used mint source shower gel. Couldnt tell if I was burning or too cold – was awesome. 😀

RustySpanner

Ribblehead to Muker and back on Saturday.
    If I’d have opened my gob I’d have drowned.

Fun when it’s warm, hell on earth in the winter.

Feet still black from sock dye, bring it on!

samuri
    Free Member

There is nothing that makes you feel more alive than cycling in bad weather. It’s great!

robsoctane
    Free Member

I got soaked on Sunday – 20 miles when the sky throws down felt great & getting muddy is even better than when the sun throws down. I love it… 😉

rOcKeTdOg

I’d prefer rain to high winds anytime

yossarian
    Free Member

I like the point when you realise that it is not possible to get any wetter. High winds by fun too especially on a commute into the office, most people look horrified when you turn up with wind burn on your face 🙂

Dancake
    Free Member

Love the rain and the Mud. What I dont like is wearing glasses in it.

oh and heavy shorts

so actually I prefer it when it has just rained

Andyhilton
    Free Member

In Morzine at the moment and it’s rained every day since we’ve been here. Great fun but sick to death of cleaning bikes and clothes.

crazy-legs

Riding in proper biblical rain can actually be very funny. I had a great commute home a few weeks ago when the heavens opened, the roads turned to rivers, the skies were black and it was great. Within a few seconds I got to the point where I couldn’t get any wetter, was getting splashed by the puddles that had appeared within a few seconds, drenched from above and I loved it.

Riding in that persistent horrible cold rain though is just miserable. I really suffer in conditions like that, I’m not made to work in the cold and wet.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Cold rain is just horrible.

Warm rain can be quite fun, but for me the riding has to be interesting enough to distract me from the fact that it’s tipping it down, by brakes don’t work properly and I’m grinding £££s off my drivetrain with every pedal stroke.

So wet DH courses or tech singletrack ring my bells. Road riding in the rain or long draggy fireroad climbs are just awful.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The last few days here have seen amazing biblical showers one minuite then sun and warm breeze the next.
    In these conditions riding a bike is just great. But I’m happier being caught out in it than starting out in it.
    Oh and I hate the cold Winter drizzle stuff.

binners

Rain in the summer is a joy to ride in. No waterproofs and a damn good soaking, making sure to aim for the biggest lakes. Its the equivalent of getting your wellies on and jumping in puddles as a kid. I’m planning a big solo evening ride tomorrow. Looks like I’ll probably get drowned 😀

Riding in January in rain is horrible. I remember a run round Penmancho earlier this year where I couldn’t feel my hands or feet for the second half of the ride, due to being soaked with ice-cold Welsh wetness 🙁

Onzadog
    Free Member

Andy, you’re not out there with Sarah and Chris by any chance? How’s his neck doing?

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

Hate starting a ride in it, don’t care if it starts when i’m out.

messiah
    Free Member

Hate starting a ride in it, don’t care if it starts when i’m out.

This.
    Really enjoy it when I’m out… especialy singletrack… although brushing the trees with your arms means the water runs down in torrents and soaks your gloves.

Hate the 20 min downhill road ride home which means when I do get home I’m cold.

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

as has been said above – riding in the rain is great when it’s warm, rubbish in the winter

Sionwms
    Free Member

Binners
    I gad a run round Penmachno on Saturday and still got soaked in ice cold welsh water and it’s July 🙂 Love it there just a shame it’s like riding through a river 90% of the time 🙁

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Riding in the rain…’ is closed to new replies.