• This topic has 21 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by grum.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Riding in Kirklees / Calderdale
  • slowboydickie

I’m visiting the inlaws and looking for a ride to join tomorrow in Kirklees or Calderdale tomorrow morning? Are there any rides I can tag along?

Cheers
    Rich

grum
    Free Member

Not sure of any organised rides but I will probably head out in the morning for a couple of hours from Hebden. What kind of riding do you like to do?

jaylittle
    Free Member

?? a guided ride in calderdale is what you need!

slowboydickie

Can be fast as you like, a nice bit of technical singletrack, no massively keen on big jumps. What time you heading out?

grum
    Free Member

OK sweet we can do that 🙂 – meet you in the the main square at 10am? Probably only planning to be out for a couple of hours as I’m doing a big ride on Sunday. I’ll be on a blue Capra.

Email in profile.

slowboydickie

Ah. A bit late for me, leaving my 3 kids all morning might lead to an unhappy wife/life. Any chance of getting out a bit earlier? Ideally 8am. No worries if not, I’ll have a look on Strava and go exploring.

grum
    Free Member

Yeah spose not out tonight I’m just lazy. 🙂

Edit: hope you don’t mind a little *ahem* cheek…

slowboydickie

Cheek?

jonnyrockymountain

Rich
    I’ll be having a ride in morning about 7-30am if ya can get to mine (Marsden) for around that time your welcome to join me? Drop me a mail pal

grum
    Free Member

Haha, I thought that term was in common usage. 🙂

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/do-you-ride-cheeky-trails

grum
    Free Member

Soooo….?

🙂

slowboydickie

Jonny thanks but doubt I’ll get there that early.

Grum, see you at 8am in the main square. Can you text me if you change your mind? I’ve sent an email with my number. Can you text me if you change your mind? I’ll be leaving Mirfield at 0715.

grum
    Free Member

YGM. Yeah no problem – I’ll be there. 🙂

dienamic

Room for one more? I was going to head out from ludd foot on my tod tomorrow morning but I could get to the square for 8 if you don’t mind a tag along?

grum
    Free Member

Fine by me. 🙂

dienamic

Cool, see you there, I’ll be on a black switchback

slowboydickie

Thanks Lee and Graeme for the guided riding. Great route!

grum
    Free Member

No worries. Good to meet you both. Just need a bit more rain up on the moors to really get those trails in peak condition. 🙂

dienamic

Great ride, thanks chaps. I thought the rain over Easter would’ve wrecked some of those trails, couldn’t believe how dusty it was on the tops. I’ve just about finished cleaning the dust off my bike. The council just phoned, they want to know why the river needs dredging again already…

grum
    Free Member

😀

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Don’t tell me you took them over Midgely Moor….. 😆

grum
    Free Member

We’re stupid, but not that stupid.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Riding in Kirklees / Calderdale’ is closed to new replies.