Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Best source to get enve m70s from in uk ,
  • hopeimakeit
    Free Member

Anyone recommend a good honest dealer to build a set of these rims up for me ,who and where ? ,also and pitfalls using these or are they just the dogs dangly bits

julzm
    Free Member

Sorry for the high jack but what bike is it for? I have a fiend who is wondering between M60 and M70 for a 165mm rear travel bike.

Badass bikes seem like a good bet – they’ve a video on somewhere reviewing them.

tomhoward

Stif.

They are a pain in the arse to true, you’ve to take the tyre and rim strip off as the spoke nipples are internal. No idea what the benefit to this is.

I’d go for the m70s for a 165mm bike. I did…

Really not sure I’d buy them again (I have m70s and the old AM ones (similar to m60s) on a 125mm bike.) as the only thing the do significantly better than any other carbon rim is empty your wallet. Decent warranty I guess.

I’m strongly undecided if carbon is the ideal material for rims

Still not got any after a month of wondering where to buy them from?

tang
    Free Member

You could demo some at BPW on your own bike before shelling out? There is a charge but goes against a purchase. I’m lucky enough to be supported by ENVE via Saddleback and the 29r m60 are just amazing, thats not spiel, but a noticeable transformation of my ride.

RickDraper
    Free Member

I have some M70’s, like Tom I am not sure I would bother again. Not really any better than any other carbon rim IMHO.

hopeimakeit
    Free Member

So a bit 50/50 ,nice but a pain in the arse to set up ,but then so are my mavics with hidden nipples ,so anyone recommend a place of purchase. ?? on enve website it recommends ,70 or 90s due to travel and rider weight ,I’m not light lol

nosedive
    Free Member

Just a minute, how much?! Wow.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Of all the carbon rims i’ve run, ENVE’s were probably the easiest to break, and the biggest pain in the arse to live with.

Not worth the money IMO. I’m quite vocal about carbon rims not really being suited to harder riding on MTB’s (from a reliability, or feel perspective).

shermer75
    Free Member

So what is the advantage of Enve rims? Weight wise they’ seem to be on a par with Stan’s. Is it the stiffness?

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Enve crash replacement is a big point to consider. If you have a crash, then you can send back the damaged rim and get a new one for 50% of RRP. I’ve recently been through this, and a 3 day turnaround can’t be snuffed at.

I honestly prefer the Ibis 741 rims against Enve.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

So what is the advantage of Enve rims? Weight wise they’ seem to be on a par with Stan’s. Is it the stiffness?

Yeah, whether that’s a good or bad thing remains open for debate though.

Enve crash replacement is a big point to consider. If you have a crash, then you can send back the damaged rim and get a new one for 50% of RRP. I’ve recently been through this, and a 3 day turnaround can’t be snuffed at.

I would say that’s a big ‘meh’ from me. Even at crash replacement (or distributor trade, near as damn it) they are twice the price of something like a Light Bike/Nextie etc, at least a third more than a Derby, all at retail.

As others said, they really offer no benefit over other decent carbon rims other than emptying your wallet considerably more. At least you get some pretty stickers to show the word you’ve spunked a fortune on some wheels.

tomhoward

So what is the advantage of enve rims? Weight wise they’ seem to be on a par with Stan’s. Is it the stiffness?

Yeah, if ultimate stiffness is what you want.

The ‘problem’ they have is they were the first people to market with a hard riding rim that didn’t fold (immediately) So, combined with marketing, (sponsoring SCS, having seemingly every new bike model shod with them on the release pics/press demos) they could charge a MASSIVE premium. Now everyone else has caught up, for much less money, and enve are still trying to sell their rims at 1600 a pair…

(Hilariously, when I first saw the ‘first look’ review in mbuk, I thought £750 was a typo, and it should have been £75, the article said they were mega expensive, which I thought £75 still would have been, as it was twice what I’d paid for the last lot of alu ones 😆 how wrong was I…)

bravesirrobin

I’m with Hob Nob on this. I’ve cracked an Enve AM and an M70. If you ride hard on rocky trails and like to run low(ish) tyre pressures I wouldn’t buy Enve rims. The M70s aren’t particularly light either …my rear with Hope Pro 2 is significantly heavier than my DT Swiss EX1501 rear.

tomhoward

OP, if you go with another brand, I’ve got some genuine unused enve replacement decals to put on your rims

£300 for 2 wheels worth 😉

chrismac

Someone has to pay for all the ones that scs and other sponsored riders must get through

njee20
    Free Member

the 29r m60 are just amazing, thats not spiel, but a noticeable transformation of my ride.

Compared to which other carbon rims?

zero-cool
    Free Member

What about the Stans Bravo wheels? They look pretty good. Or some Easton rims?

rone

Got m50s and AM Enves.

All still running strong and unbroken. 3000miles. Been running ztr over the winter just to keep the Enves tidy. But just swapped back to the AM and I’m keeping the ENVE back on now. Run so much better.

We’ve tested LB rims back to back and they don’t feel as good. Whether you put value on this and investing in a product that costs because the backup and manufacturing is the industry best – is up to you.

Sherwood Pines will build some up for you as they’re a Saddleback dealer.

Same old thing thing here – the guys that don’t want the Enves spend a silly amount of time putting people off who do.

You can demo M60s at Sherwood Pines.

tang
    Free Member

Compared to lots of alloy rims. I’ve not ridden many carbon hoops, e13 on a different sort of bike(enduro 650) and Reynolds on a 26 ht. The difference from archeEX to ENVE on a 29r was surprisingly remarkable esp on rocky descent s that I know like the back of my hand. This isn’t about price/other carbon rims, just an observation.

kimbers

Light bicycle have very enve like graphics on the latest asym rims….

Still paying the carbon bling tax, just not to the same extent as with enve’s

njee20
    Free Member

Same old thing thing here – the guys that don’t want the Enves spend a silly amount of time putting people off who do

Err, no. Those that have paid a daft amount for Enves spend time convincing others/themselves they’re worth the money. It’s a pretty tough pill to swallow. I’d never buy a pair when LB et al are at least 99% of the performance for 20% the price.

Road… Possibly.

julians
    Free Member

Same old thing thing here – the guys that don’t want the Enves spend a silly amount of time putting people off who do.

Doesnt look like it to me. There are people on here who have owned them and are saying theyre not worth the money compared to the competition.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

We’ve built quite a few (The Trailhead, Shrewsbury) if you want to look us up & have a chat about them.
    When I say a few, we build around 10 sets a year on various versions on different hubs for different people from road to xc, enduro & DH. All hand built in house.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Best source to get enve m70s from in uk ,’ is closed to new replies.