Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Riding group in the Stoke area?
  • Mbnut
    Free Member

My son now lives in Newcastle under Lyme and he is not getting out as he doesn’t know any riders in the area.

He is 16 and not a burden at all, capable of riding up, down and along no worries.

He can sort punctures and basic mechanicals himself and is good company in the pub/cafe.

Guess i’m trying to say he doesn’t need babysitting… just seems a shame he isn’t riding much at the moment.

Cheers

catvet
    Free Member

Contact Kev at BETD Goldtec

They have a youngsters riding group, and can provide bikes if necessary.
    The club is very diverse from sponsored elite road riders, to ex World Cup downhillers, EWS rider ( 3 red in megavalanche) BMX riders cross bike riders and everything in between.
    Shop is independent and can pretty much fix anything
    They organise week end riding, twice week riding, up lift days, and help with local XC races.

A hugely eclectic group of riders from very diverse backgrounds, very friendly and supportive

jacksprogis
    Free Member

Yeah Kev is the man.

I’ll happily show him round congleton way too.
    I’m 18 and live in Alsager.
    Drop us an email on Jacksprogis at Gmail . com

Cheers.

jekkyl

Swinnertons have a mtb side as well as do the Velo store in Stone. Mtbing is very popular in the area.

mrsmigginspies
    Free Member

Goldtecs the friendly face of biking in and around Newcastle / stoke area. If your sons got lights, he can turn up at the poachers cottage pub near to trentham gardens on the A34, they leave at 6pm on a Tuesday evening and 8am on a Sunday.

Rides tend to be up to 20 miles, using a network of cycle lanes, natural trails, canals and some stuff no one knows exists (don’t tell anyone though). Friendly bunch of lads, dads and the odd elite rider joins when time allows. You can’t help but get faster riding with faster riders.

They have organised rides out of the area too, peaks, lakes, Scotland, but they are currently in Wales this weekend. Always a spare seat in someone’s car.

Join their closed Facebook page for ride information, banter, buy and sell and news from goldtec/burgetc shop sales.

thorlz
    Free Member

As already mentioned Goldtec is the place to go.
    Nothing new to add that hasn’t already been said, all the above is true, friendly bunch he’ll be fine.

Mbnut
    Free Member

thanks for that, I had no idea Betd were up there, I shall drop in next time i’m up.

We will give Kev a shout and i’ll get him to give you a shout Jack.

Thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Riding group in the Stoke area?’ is closed to new replies.