Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Riding Around Matlock – Sunday – Please show me round :)
  • cbott
    Free Member

I have just moved to the Matlock area and am after a local loop/meeting some local riders if anyone would be so kind to show me round Sunday?

jekkyl

You lucky devil. There’s tons around your local area and not too far a drive away. If you haven’t already then get both peak district VB books. & If you email the publishers and ask nicely they’ll furnish you with the GPXs. I don’t live in the area btw.

https://www.v-publishing.co.uk/books/categories/mountain-biking/white-peak-mountain-biking.html
    &
    https://www.v-publishing.co.uk/books/categories/mountain-biking/peak-district-mountain-biking.html

The 5 dales route is a good start as it passes thrugh darley dale (about 2 miles down the road from matlock) but it will likely be a bit sloppy atm so you might be better to take a little drive to castleton or hope. I’ve done a few rides round the bakewell area and up to Eyam, lovely area.

cbott
    Free Member

Thanks jekkyl, much appreciated.I’ll have a look into it.

Im hoping to get out from home and meet up with some yocals if poss.

munrobiker
    Free Member

cbott- send me an email on lleebb76 at gmail dot com and I’ll see what I can do. I’m also fairly new to the area (well, 18 months…) and am still learning. Much of it is cheeky. I’m unlikely to be around this weekend or next but do need a weekend riding buddy.

I ride (when my bike isn’t broken or I’m being a wimp) with a bunch on Thursday nights who I’m happy to hook you up with.

There’s a wee video of my standard doorstep ride here if you want a feel for it-

My first mountain bike ride in three weeks warrants a video, right? It was well good, by the way.

Posted by Luke Ellis on Friday, July 24, 2015

cbott
    Free Member

Just emailed you. Thanks for the info. Would be great to get out.

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Happy to show you round in non bogfest conditions….I am from Matlock and will be mostly driving to the Dark Peak when the weather is doing what it is doing!

cbott
    Free Member

Thanks handybendyhendo. Will be good to get out. Yeah I don’t blame you, nothing gets better than a bit of slip and slide in the mud though!

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Lack of a car might mean local now anyway……normally meet at the Duke of Wellington pub at 8am……if that location time could work for you??

sprocker
    Free Member

Hi mate I am in Belper and ride every Sunday (except the next 2!) and Thursday nights around matlock, ambergate and further north etc. My email is my addy if you want to get out at some stage.

cbott
    Free Member

Hi sprocker i’ll drop you an email and get out sometime. What time are the rides on thurs and where from?

handybendyhendo – I can do 9am if thats any good to you?

theboatman
    Free Member

Hi mate,

I live down in Edensor but work really unfriendly shifts… If I were you I would hook up with This lot

Decent bunch when I’ve ran into them.

alanl
    Free Member

I was going to reply that DVATC will be meeting a little further north at Monsal Head this Sunday, 9am here:
    https://goo.gl/maps/Refg4EiRFgF2

dvatcmark
    Free Member

we are out every Tuesday night and every Sunday, email in addy if you are interested

cbott
    Free Member

Hi alanl and dvatcmark. I will see you both on sunday at Monsal Head 9am? Let me know a postcode or grid ref if poss please. email is christybottomleyathotmaildotcom

paulthearcher
    Free Member

Will be doing Ashover in the morning welcome to tag along and will show you all the stuff not in the book, based in Tansley if you are interested.
    Forget that just read the rest of the posts, glad you are sorted…. 🙂

alanl
    Free Member

I wont be there, I’m out on the kayak, possibly at Matlock if the river has dropped a bit.
    The only details I have:

‘This Sunday’s ride will start at 0900hrs at Monsal Head and will be an xc pedal fest!!!
    Dropped pin
    near 2 Ashford Ln, Bakewell, Derbyshire DE45 1NJ
    https://goo.gl/maps/Refg4EiRFgF2

sprocker
    Free Member

Thursday nights is about 7 30ish, cromford, ambergate, Belper, Ashover typically

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Riding Around Matlock – Sunday – Please show me round :)’ is closed to new replies.