Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)
  • I used to own a sevice station.
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Got fleeced a couple of times, snidey tenners etc, never intentionally fleeced anyone though. Except the time when the tanker driver & me accidently put about 200 gallons of 2star in the 4star storage tank before i realised. (It was a 3000 gallon tank which later got filled with 4star)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Riiiight…

ski
    Free Member

I used to own a one legged owl, friendly thing used to sit on my shoulder and shi….

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Okay, thanks for sharing that with us.

wwaswas

sevice station

It was a pain in the r’s ?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

3 14/15ths star?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I’m on the wife’s Kindle, the keyboard is taking some getting used to. Just thought i’d join in with the service station theme cos its true!

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ummmmm…

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

I went on the mountain railway up Cairn Gorm this weekend and had a plate of curried parsnip soup. Afterward I realised I’d left my hat and had to go back up to get it.
    Whew, just as well the ticket for the train is an all-day pass otherwise I’d have had to pay again to retrieve my completely unfashionable headwear.

Pook

I one got lost while trying to find a fireplace showroom as I took a wrong turn, but there was a handy side road and little traffic so I was able to turn round quickly and easily to get back on track.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I was working with my da once and I dropped a table saw on my head.

doris5000

i dreamed that i was driving an old 70s car and it had a tiny plastic steering wheel

McHamish
    Free Member

Last week I needed the loo at Waterloo Station; when I got there the change machine was out of order and I got into the toilet for free.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I used to know what was going on around here, but now I’m not so sure.

fasthaggis

Here comes Autumn.
    It was still dark as her hand reached across.
    I moved closer in behind.
    The kids are asleep.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Yesterday had a day off work and took my lad to school. On the way there, Paint it Black by the Rolling Stones came on the radio. After I got back home I saw my red garage door and did indeed paint it black the reason for me having a day off work in the forst place

trailhound101

My daughter tells me she did a runner from a Paris cafe last week. Then she realised she’d left her camera on the table.

mtbfix

2star and 4star. Things you’d forgotten existed.

fasthaggis

Remember 5star

mudshark
    Free Member

3 star wasn’t uncommon and in there was also 1 and 5 star I’m told.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I discovered the other week, while out camping, that 2 strategically placed boulders (one for each cheek, spaced at a suitable distance) is far more comfortable than squatting! 😆

trailhound101

She went back for the camera and pretended she’d forgotten to pay. Had to pay the 18 euro bill (for 2 pints of heineken!) to get the camera back.

slowoldman

I got a carpet burn on my elbow. In the office!

mtbfix

I got a carpet burn on my elbow. In the office!

Probably easier to explain when you get home than carpet burns in your knees.

Stevet1
    Free Member

I had my eyebrow pierced after seeing Cannibal corpse at the Royal Court in Liverpool when I was 17. I hid it from my parents until a few days later I was working on the till at Spar and a TV crew came in following that Scottish footballer whose name escapes me (Alan Hanson?)and there I was on telly serving him his wine with my eyebrow pierced looking like a rabbit caught in the headlights.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Last night I wallpapered my living room in two slightly different colours of lining paper.
    I found it quite disturbing but I don’t really know why.

Gary_M
    Free Member

20 odd years ago the car I was in broke down at the exit from the a66 at scotch corner, east bound, the spark plug blew out the cylinder head and stripped the threads, it got fixed with a helicoil insert. Time flies

honeybadgerx

I celebrated my first time being on a canal boat and owning a Lego set by inserting a piece of Lego up my nose. My father pinned my to the table by the throat and removed it with a pair of tweezers. I’ve never been on a canal boat since but have always loved Lego.

nickdavies

Is this the STW version of Mornington Crescent?

wwaswas

This secondhand bit of Lego I bought has a bogey on it.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I love Lego and I had a Lego Shell Service Station

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

WTF have i started? 3 star was a mix of 2 & 4 star, 5 star was 101 octane. 4 star was 99.
    I’ve never been on a canal boat but i have stood on some Lego.

failedengineer

I had a Hornby Dublo railway set. The type with three rails, not two.

wwaswas

My mum burnt her eyebrows and the front of her hair off using a match to establish if she’d turned the gas off in the oven on a canal boat.

It turned out she hadn’t.

trailhound101

I use to go on canalboat holidays with a friend (it belonged to his mum and dad). It was powered by a Lister diesel twin. I’ve no idea if diesel is rated by stars or if its just good ol’ diesel. We never took lego on the boat.

DavidB
    Free Member

I suffer stress at French service stations. I worry obsessively that the cashier will ask me something beyond my pidgin French. So where possible I get my wife to go and pay

teethgrinder

I stood on the plug for the iron this morning – not something I’d advise doing as it hertz.

MrOvershoot

I have been on a canal boat for a week but not in France.

Though I have ridden my bike along most of the Nantes-Brest canal.

No Lego was involved either time (to the best of my knowledge)

DrP

I was looking on amazon and nearly bought a LEGO superhero set, the one with ironman hulkbuster.
    But I didn’t.

DrP

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I almost got my Lego ver yesterday but realistically we both couldn’t be bothered.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 106 total)

The topic ‘I used to own a sevice station.’ is closed to new replies.