Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Richmond to Osmotherley offroad?
  • ton

planning a offroad tour from Grinton/Reeth area where we finished last year.
    anyone know a half good route to link Richmond to Osmotherly area, or is it all bridleways across fields?

jota180
    Free Member

anyone know a half good route to link Richmond to Osmotherly area, or is it all bridleways across fields?

There isn’t one and yes

mrjmt
    Free Member

I remember riding across a freshly ploughed field that way when we rode C2C, the ruts were exactly the same as the wheelbase of my bike, that was a laugh, like riding with egg shaped wheels! 😆

ton

i feared this…..did the c2c years ago, and remember this section being a bit shyte. 😀

lowey

Urgh… that brings back memories of when I walked the coast to coast. It was the most depressing day walking on tarmac roads across flat featureless plain.

the-muffin-man

I liked that day – it gave us a bit of breather before hitting the moors!

jota180
    Free Member

Just do it on tarmac, 3 or 4 hours
    That leaves enough time to continue on to the Lion Inn on Blakey Ridge for the stop-over

ampthill

I think that section is on the Tim Woodcock coast to coast ride. The CTC is the sustrans route further north.

Looking in the book it looks like all roads……..

Chew
    Free Member

Its all road unfortunatally Tony, from the Dales Bike centre across to the YHA in Osmotherley. Half of it is major roads, and dont remember it being too fun when we did the C2C.

ton

i know some nice offroad stuff from reeth right to richmond, ridden it before, but then it will be road.
    it’s all riding tho eh?……….. 8)

tinribz
    Free Member

Not exactly direct but this would be my choice for minimum traffic route. Through Brompton on Swale might be quicker but have never ridden it.

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=5418800

jota180
    Free Member

From Richmond

Brompton on Swale
    take the left fork in the village
    straight over the lights towards Scorton
    Turn right as you just get into Scorton by the petrol station
    follow road all the way to Northallerton
    turn right into the town over the level crossing
    take a left at the mini roundabout and then left at the end
    follow your nose to Osmotherley

the last bit is the busiest but it’s not too bad

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Richmond to Osmotherley offroad?’ is closed to new replies.