• This topic has 23 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by fbk.
Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Ribble Road Bikes
  • the_lecht_rocks

yes or no ????

bikebuilder doesn't work for me however ???

geoffj

No

iamsporticus
    Free Member

Thats a bit short
    The OP deserves better

Im happy to help

http://tinyurl.com/mnkjhu

alwyn
    Free Member

Yes, cheap and well made. Try and ride one first because some people don't like the geometry.

Jason
    Free Member

Their Bike Builder doesn't work in Firefox, or at least it never used to.

fisha
    Free Member

doesn't work in firefox for me either.

however, IE and Safari work fine.

Richie_B

Had a cheepo winter trainer/tourer/commuter for four years now and can't fault it (it took a while to turn up after I ordered it). Of all my bikes it gets the least TLC, the most consistently bad weather, and probably the most stress on the frame due to the local potholes and skinny tyres and is still going strong.

Vortexracing

I'm the same as Richie B. I have a winter bike for commuting, seems OK, but TBH I don't have anything else to compare it against.

Plenty of folk round here (Preston and BAESystems seem to have them.

aP
    Free Member

I understand that Ribble sell bikes, however I have nothing further of interest to say about Ribble.

MajorMantra
    Free Member

Yes!

Matthew

Barney_McGrew
    Free Member

I have one

An older Scandium frame. Good value for money imo.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I too have one of their winter frames.. Cost me about £100 with a carbon fork IIRC..

Coupled with a 105 groupset from Merlin it makes a perfectly decent winter bike for not a lot of money..

I think if I was going to by a top end bike, then I'd look elsewhere.

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

I have a Sportive Racing as pictured above. I ditched the god-awful saddle asap, and went for tasteful black tyres and red tape. No such thing as too much red tape. In short it's amazing to ride and amazing value for money, look up reviews via google.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I ordered a nero corse in 54 cm a few weeks ago. They came back to ne and said that they had run out of stock in that size. After a couple of calls they agreed to do the Ribelle for the same price. I should be picking it up this week.

fu_manchu
    Free Member

Some people have had issues ordering from them, personally I have never had any problems. I have one of their winter frames and think as a training bike its great

tragically1969
    Free Member

myfatherwasawolf:

In short it's amazing to ride

What else have you ridden ?

flange
    Free Member

i've got one, bought 2nd hand from these very pages. Can't fault it for the money, nice, light and comfy. Obviously there are better bikes about but then they're more cashola. You pays your money….

If you're not bothered about looking flash and you get lucky with the delivery (I've heard a few folks have problems) then you'll end up with the nice bike.

MKII
    Free Member

The Kinesis Racelight T is a good alternative to consider. A mate has a Tifosi winetr bike, again similar spec and price.

Probably see an equal amount of ribble, tifosi and kinesis on the roads of Whafedale.

ourmaninthenorth

MajorMantra – what is that godawful thing hanging from your bike's saddle?

This isn't the CTC, you know – there's now need for sandwiches and a flask of tea to go into there..!

myfatherwasawolf
    Free Member

tragically1969 – Member
    myfatherwasawolf:

In short it's amazing to ride

What else have you ridden ?

I've had 3 Cannondale road bikes over the years, 5 different steel road bikes, kinesis, kona, M&B, Specialized cross bikes, a Giant Cadex 980c, a Vitus 979, and probably some others I've forgotten about. Plus about 20 mountain bikes, several bmxs etc etc. Why?

poppa
    Free Member

They are good value for money. From what I hear you may potentially have to put up with poor service and long delivery times, but then that's partly why the bikes are good value. Up to you!

tragically1969
    Free Member

myfatherwasawolf – Member

I've had 3 Cannondale road bikes over the years, 5 different steel road bikes, kinesis, kona, M&B, Specialized cross bikes, a Giant Cadex 980c, a Vitus 979, and probably some others I've forgotten about. Plus about 20 mountain bikes, several bmxs etc etc. Why?

No real reason, i just wonder what people are basing their opinion on when they say something is an amazing ride.

I have had dealings with Ribble over the years as have clubmates, i would personally steer well clear of anything Ribble had a hand in myself, but each to their own and all that !!

MajorMantra
    Free Member

MajorMantra – what is that godawful thing hanging from your bike's saddle?

This isn't the CTC, you know – there's now need for sandwiches and a flask of tea to go into there..!

You aren't the first person to abuse me for that. 🙂 That particular monstronsity has been replaced with a slightly more dignified (=smaller) saddle bag and I've learnt a valuable lesson about leaving it on for photos. 😳

Re the ride quality of the Ribble: I'm in no way an expert but I've ridden several steel frames and aluminium frames (including for example a CAAD5) and the Ribble is more comfortable than any of them whilst being plenty stiff and lively. I don't know how it compares to other carbon frames but it's certainly 'good enough'.

Matthew

fbk
    Free Member

Hmm – I'm having the same dilemma at the mo. Those carbon Sportives do look nice but 3-4 week lead time, even on the special edition ltd choice models!!!!

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Ribble Road Bikes’ is closed to new replies.