Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • revs or floats
  • robhughes
    Free Member

Evening all.
    Thinking of getting rid of my air pikes and wondered if either the floats(15mm) or revs(20mm) can compete in bomproofness and that solid feel that the pikes are famous for.
    Or should i save my pennies and have them pushed.

jameso

from my exp, if you like Pikes, 20mm Revs are the better bet. Floats are more maintenance-needy and less stiff, but the damping is better than all but the comparable black-box damper Revs.

PJM1974
    Free Member

As the owner of three sets of Pikes and a set of Revelations, I’d go with the latter option – save your pennies and get them pushed.

Revelations are not as stiff as Pikes. They’re great if you want to lose a pound in weight (even more if you run coil Pikes) and in isolation are a fantastic fork. But they’re noticeably less stiff than Pikes.

As for Foxs, I’ve never owned a set so I cannot comment, other than to say that the reason why I’ve never owned a set is because they cost a bloody mint.

loddrik
    Free Member

Revs all day, more robust and performance is pretty much as good.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

I was looking at a similar swap – lots of good info in this thread that, to sum up, a bit less stiff but much better damping throughout the range of travel and hits.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/pike-454-to-2011-revelations-upgrade

willv

Also thought the same but think I’ll stick the newer dual flow
    rebound in my pikes for now. Not sure if you can upgrade the mo- co damper too – need to look into this too I guess

Will

robhughes
    Free Member

dual flow
    rebound in my pikes.
    Tell me more please willv.

PJM1974
    Free Member

@OP – what bike do you have the Pikes fitted to?

I did call TF Tuned about this a while back. Apparently, the Black Box assembly won’t go into a Pike because it’s designed around a 150mm fork. Conversely PUSH don’t (or didn’t) do a kit for the Revelation.

robhughes
    Free Member

Trance X1

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve run Pikes on my 2004 Spesh Enduro and my 2009 Wolf Ridge. I bought the Revelations to replace the Pikes on the Marin, however they’re a much better fit on my Enduro (130mm travel, like the Trance). I’ve built the Enduro as light as possible because I now have the Wolf Ridge as my burly bike.

Make of that what you will…If my only bike was the Enduro, it would still be fitted with Pikes.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

think I’ll stick the newer dual flow rebound in my pikes for now

As above, check it with TF first as I don’t think it’ll fit the 140mm Pike, otherwise it would be a top upgrade.

robhughes
    Free Member

That’s what i was thinking.
    But found this.
    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=629477

Just emailed R/S dude at fisher to see what he has to say on the matter 😉

willv

The link from gravity-slave suggests it will work and the mtbr forum guys say so too. Also Lo-Co agrees and can sell the parts so worth checking with him too if you still arent sure.

If you do ask him about the Moco damper too and tell all..

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘revs or floats’ is closed to new replies.