Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • revolution cross
  • sweepy
    Free Member

I quite fancy one of these for nipping round the lanes and trails round here, Im too much of an oaf for a road bike and this seems like a decent compromise. However I know sod all about this kind of bike. Im realistically not going to spend a grand on a proper cross bike so is this worthwhile or is there something better.

this one

or is this worth the extra

Not too worried about 8 speed rather than 9, hopefully more durable
    Thanks

sweepy
    Free Member

bump for the day shift 🙂

cp

I like the potential of these – I was eyeing up last years models. I’d stick with the cheaper one. Frame, fork, wheels contact points are the same.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sweepy
    Free Member

Aye I think i’ll take a punt if they make em big enough. I cant understand why they are so disregarded, probably missing something crucial but time will tell.

ElShalimo

sweepy – did you get one? They are selling off the 2011 bikes cheap at the moment and look good for local easy bridleways

nodrog2
    Free Member

Decent bike for the money. Frame and forks are pretty good. Kit is cheap but workman like. When it wears out just replace with something a little better. Nothing wrong with 8 speed either, does the job and cheap to replace. Only problems I can see are the sizing, only 3 available (52, 55, 58).

P20
    sweepy
    Free Member

Yep, I got one. Luckily they had a 15% sale when I ordered it too!
    I went for the 8 speed as I wanted it as a cheap utility bike and its fine.
    I was chatting to a Merida rep and he reckons they make the frame, and all the kit seems ok if basic by some standards, so not much to find fault with.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘revolution cross’ is closed to new replies.