Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reverse bleed on Hope will I get quicker better results?
  • postierich
    Free Member

Just about to swop a caliper over x2 tech for an M4 tech now when bleeding the normal way it seems to take an age and never seem to get the same results as from new.
    Now i normally leave the pads in and just stick a wedge in there and i have seen people leave the wheel in and just use the disc 😯 should i be taking the pads out?

Thanks

oliverd1981
    Free Member

there’s a pretty high chance you’l end up with oil all over your pads and disc, I use a couple of old ones (an old pad makes a pretty good wedge too)

It’s worth undoing the caliper bolts and giving it a tap and wiggle to bring any trapped bubbles up to the bleed nipple.

I pull the fluid out of the caliper with a syringe while I get somebody to top up the reservoir and stroke the lever.

Last time I warmed the system and the fresh fluid up with a fan heater to help bring the viscosity down and perhaps help expel any bubbles.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

No

nmdbase
    Free Member

bleed the same as a car, they are so easy

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I just bleed tehm conventionally – do you have the latest lever? i think that needs something clever doing with it as a part of the bleed – vids on the hope site

oliverd1981
    Free Member

90% of the time I just to up the resevoir though, usually when the pads are about halfway worn

gusamc
    Free Member

http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/hope-tech-brake-bleed.htm

as TJ says – there is a new and exciting last bit

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Agree about the pads. Always take them out just in case there’s a bit of spillage, and I always bleed them conventionally.

Look at the “How to bleed your Tech lever” video on the Hope website for that important last bit.

I’m interested that you are swapping X2 to M4. Did you buy new calipers or what because I am thinking of doing the same thing

postierich
    Free Member

Capt bought a m4 of classifieds as I was feeling less than happy with the rear running m4 front and an x2 rear will probably end up feckinn the frame with the power!
    Job now done normal way just more patience and working fine!
    Anyone want to buy an x2 tech full brake!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reverse bleed on Hope will I get quicker better results?’ is closed to new replies.