• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by IA.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Reverb suddenly lost pressure
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

so my month old brand new reverb, which has worked flawlessly since day one, suddenly decided to lose its pressure today out of the blue…

ive always lowered the seat in the car (so it fits in car better) and its always been fine….

today i took it out of the car, pressed the button and it went up fine….got ready and sat on bike to start ride and it squished down about 10mm or so without pushing the lever….i then pushed the lever and pressed the seat post down and it went to the bottom fine…then went to raise it again and it stopped half way 🙁

i then remembered some people on about the air pressure on various threads on here and thought it was worth a punt…

it had about 40-50 psi in, and it pumped up fine upto the 250 psi mark…maybe a bit less once id taken the valve out…

i didnt expect it to work, but low and behold it was perfect! it worked instantly, and if anything the return speed on fastest setting seemed a hell of a lot quicker!

so whats happened then? loco tuning sent it out working fine, and my lbs (Which is great) bled it and shortened the hose…guessing between those two they would have checked the pressure, certainly si at loco would have done anyways

so is it buggered if its suddenly stopped working? or was it just a case of the pressure has lost a bit over the month? im hoping it will obviously stay ok now ive pumped it back up to 250?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

anybody?

Gotama
    Free Member

Sounds dodgy, speak to loco would be my call. They shouldn’t lose pressure as it would imply the seals aren’t doing their job.

thorpedo

I had a similar experience, LBS found that the air valve body was loose. Been fine since they tightened it.

Wozza
    Free Member

Mate had the same/similar problem. Fishers (and he didn’t buy it in the UK) exchanged it no questions asked.

zangolin
    Free Member

Check the valve core is tight and not leaking. Also measure pressure when the post is fully extended – which as you say should be 250psi.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

cheers folks, ill check the valve core- what tool does it need to tighten it up though?

just seems odd its still rock solid and perfect some 9 hours later, including 4 hours ride time……would have thought if it was a disastorous fail then it would have gone sloppy again after a much shorter period?

will keep an eye on it though, hopefully it will be ok for the forseeable future as id like to keep it for a trip away, then can sort warranty after

IA

check the valve core- what tool does it need to tighten it up though?

Pair of tweezers or similar will do it if you don’t have the tool. Be REALLY SURE you’re turning it the right way (clockwise) – you don’t want a valve core in your face at speed!

(if it’s safe to depressurise a reverb, maybe do that first?)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Reverb suddenly lost pressure’ is closed to new replies.