Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Reverb stealth – bit of help needed..
  • stevied
    Free Member

Just got my Reverb stealth and looking to fit it myself.
    On the videos it shows using a coupler and some spare brake hose. I didn’t get a coupler, just a red rubbery cap.
    Am I right in thinking I can unscrew the remote, put the rubber cap on then feed the hose down through the seat tube (maybe using some wire taped to the hose to make sure I get it to the stealth port on the frame) then just route it up to the bars (allowing for bar rotation), cut to length then just screw the remote back on?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Is this a new version Reverb?

My older one came with the connectamajig thingy and I just disconnected that and fed it through the frame. Still had to remove the remote to shorten the hose mind you.

shindiggy
    Free Member

Wrong thread

stevied
    Free Member

No, it’s the old version without a connectimagig…

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Previously when I had a Reverb without a connector I just unscrewed the remote and screwed a small screw into the hose to stop air getting in.

stevied
    Free Member

Cool, thanks. I’ve got some really small screws so will try that.

andyl
    Free Member

The littr red cap is just to stop the MMX screw in the clamp from getting lost in isn’t it?

gravity-slave
    Free Member

If you need to pull it through, a gear cable and some tightly wrapped insulation tape will do it.

Push the hose, pull the cable.

If you are trimming the hose anyway then don’t really worry about loosing a bit of fluid from the tip.

benpinnick

The red bit is a double ended screw – it doubles as both a bung/block for the hose to prevent oil loss, but also allows you to attach another hose to it to feed it through. The principle being that you :

Remove the remote.
    Attach the red double screw bit
    Thread another hose (old hydro hose) through the frame etc. until it pops out the seat tube at the top.
    Attach the reverb hose to that old hose using the red bit, and then pull the reverb hose back through the frame (as its now attached to the old hose)….

EDIT but you knew all that anyway having watched the video 🙁

If you want a connector drop me a mail (Ben@birdmtb.co.uk). I have loads.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Reverb stealth – bit of help needed..’ is closed to new replies.