Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • reverb stealth 380mm or 420mm
  • milkyman
    Free Member

Im looking at getting a reverb stealth and not sure which size to get, I have a trek hard tail size large, why do they offer 2 sizes?

simondbarnes

why do they offer 2 sizes?

For different sized frames and differing amounts of exposed post.

honourablegeorge

Depends how much seatpost you need to have inserted in your frame, and mow much you need sticking out. How much exposed seatpost do you have on your current setup at full height?

milkyman
    Free Member

Just had a look on my bike and with my seat post as it is, if I went for the 380mm it would actually leave just over 4 inches of post left in the frame, would that be enough?

milkyman
    Free Member

exposed post sticking out is 260 mm

honourablegeorge

4 inches in the frame is usually there or thereabouts, yeah – you want it extending below where the top tube joins the seat tube.

milkyman
    Free Member

wiggle are doing them at 197 with my discount but only have the 380 in my size not sure if I should hang on and get the bigger one, any ideas on where they might be any better prices on them

reggiegasket
    Free Member

bike24 have them for 207ish, and have both left and right remotes in stock.

380 is usually enough, unless you are a proper tall bloke.

Is your frame okay to take a stealth?

simon_g

80mm minimum insertion (or what your frame needs if longer).

If you have a frame that lets you drop the post all the way then it doesn’t make much difference (other than a little weight). For me, a 420 would put the saddle too high at the top of the travel, so 380 it is.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘reverb stealth 380mm or 420mm’ is closed to new replies.