Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Reverb sinking.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Reverb post drops a little under rider weight. The service videos say that this has to be sent back for a factory service. Why is this? Surely a full service (new seals/bleed/proper tools) would sort this.

Just thinking that for the price of sending it off, I could buy tools and parts, do the job and then still have the tools for the next time.

messiah
    Free Member

Mine just needed the air topped up.

bungalistic
    Free Member

Sounds like seals are starting to give up so yes you could most likely service the issue yourself

Onzadog
    Free Member

Topped the air pressure up a few weeks back after not touching it for a year, hardly any drop at all.

I’d like to service it myself and reckon I’m up to the job, but I’m just curious as to why the advice is to return the post for warranty if it’s sinking, whereas anything else is fine to tackle.

sykik
    Free Member

I have heard that it’s oil leaking into the air chamber or could be vice versa caused by a dodgy seal/s. Mine had the same issue and the retailer told me to return it for warranty, ended up being replaced instead of repaired.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Best get it posed off then. It’s o years old in April. Just can’t understand why they seem to think it couldn’t be fixed at home. If the above is true, it’s just a seal change to fix it.

dizcostix
    Free Member

If you’ve topped the pressure up and it still sinks it’s oil migration i’m afraid.

If its in warranty, brand new reverb for you!

Onzadog
    Free Member

That’s great, but seems wasteful if it’s just a seal!

daver27
    Free Member

send it back, in my experience, they just send out a brand new one.

rs
    Free Member

yep, new reverb for me too recently after about 18 months, great to get a new post but such a waste, they must be fixable.

jimr80
    Free Member

My reverb is suffering from the same symptoms, but was purchased through a German site. So do I need to send it back to the the original point of purchase or direct to Fisher outdoors?

mattjg
    Free Member

had this, got a warranty replacement no quibble, it even says in one of the manuals it’s a warranty issue

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/if-my-reverb-has-developed-a-few-mm-of-vertical-play#post-5774922

sprocker
    Free Member

Mine did the same sent back and new bushes, seals done free of charge as guarantee is 2 years. Took it in on a Monday to my lbs and back on my bike on the Thursday .

Onzadog
    Free Member

Sprocker, any idea as to why yours was serviced rather than replaced?

dizcostix
    Free Member

Jimr80 – mine is a US bought one. you can’t send to Fisher direct – I found a lovely LBS who sent it off for warranty for me for a minimal cost (It’s easy enough for them to do, any LBS that sells reverbs will be familiar in sending them off to Fisher!)

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Just to resurrect this. Last week went for a ride and found my reverb would go up but then sink when sat on it. Put some air in for next ride ( around 220psi I think) and went out where it sank again, and seemed to sink more as the ride progressed.

Is this a new post time? Send it back to Merlin? I reckon I bought it a year ago . Is it just a bleed and fix job? Thanks!

cblair246
    Free Member

Mine is doing the same but its over 2 years old now, probably drops about 1cm 🙁

Will sending it away for a service fix the problem or is it now going to be permanently like this? I don’t mind if it doesn’t but don’t want to waste time and effort on trying to fix something that isn’t fixable.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I can’t see why this isn’t fixable but every time I seen one sent back fro this, it comes back replaced rather than repaired.

neiladams
    Free Member

Mine did this – it was over 2 years old and out of the warranty period. I did a basic outer seal service myself and this didn’t fix it. I then sent it to Flotec suspension. It was fully serviced by them and it now works perfectly. So yes the problem is fixable for the reasonable cost of a service.

LoCo
    Free Member

Service will probably fix it, (most likely a seal in oil system) if there is an issue with other parts they get returned to SRAMtech for a warranty inspection.

warns74
    Free Member

Pretty sure mine was at least 2 years old when this happened. Sent it off to fisher via my lbs and got a brand new one within 10 days, didn’t even cost me any postage. Exceptional service IMO.

davo
    Free Member

This happened to mine after 15 months of. Use! I asked the shop if they could help, thinking it might just need a service, 1 week later they sent me a new one! 🙂

digga
    Free Member

warns74 – Member
    Pretty sure mine was at least 2 years old when this happened. Sent it off to fisher via my lbs and got a brand new one within 10 days, didn’t even cost me any postage. Exceptional service IMO

Pretty much the same here. LBS sent it off for me and a brand new replacement was returned. Don’t know why although we speculated that if there are a lot of early Reverbs needing service, there may be a backlog and/or cost benefit to them simply replacing them.

deadkenny
    Free Member

howsyourdad1 – Member
    Just to resurrect this. Last week went for a ride and found my reverb would go up but then sink when sat on it. Put some air in for next ride ( around 220psi I think) and went out where it sank again, and seemed to sink more as the ride progressed.

Should be bang on 250psi, no more (invalidate warranty in theory) and no less they say.

Anyway, on all the above, if you have one of the older models (pre-2012?) a reason for warranty replacement is the old ones have faulty design internally causing premature seal failure or something like that. Usually you send it off and they replace with a new model, or at least replace the internals with the new.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Reverb sinking.’ is closed to new replies.