Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • If my Reverb has developed a few mm of vertical play …
  • mattjg
    Free Member

… at full extension, does that mean it needs a service?

(Ta).

robarnold
    Free Member

Had four different Reverbs do this on me. Each time sent back to SRAM and were replaced with new ones. Seemed to affect the newer 150mm drop versions badly so eventually SRAM got bored of me sending them back and replaced it with a 125mm version. Not had any issues since (fingers crossed)

mattjg
    Free Member

ta, it is 8 months old and has had a good bit of use, you reckon it’s a fault rather than fair wear and tear? it’s 100mm.

robarnold
    Free Member

If it’s within warranty then send it back, that’s what it’s there for. A much better solution than spending £75 on a service

sykik
    Free Member

Had my stealth 125mm for about a month before this happened, just a few mm of vertical play when extended but made a very noticeable klunking sound. Shop told me to return it so they could sort it out, they didn’t even hesitate when I emailed them so i’m guessing it’s not a rare problem. Just waiting on it to be fixed / replaced….

maxtorque

Both my reverbs have a couple of mm of vertical play right at the top of their travel. if you watch the “reverb service” videos they suggest that this requires a replacement and cannot be fixed by just a service. I’m not really sure what that actually means, because a bit of play must be a small amount of air in the hydraulics (not the remote hydraulics, the main post locking hydraulics) and surely this is removed by a full “seals and oil” replacement service??

Superficial
    Free Member

Yeah mine does this – it sinks about 5mm with a distinctly ‘hydraulic’ feel. I think it’s air/oil in the wrong place and needs an IFP reset but I can’t do this myself. It hasn’t changed / progressed in the past 6 months. If it gets worse I’ll pay for a service (mine’s out of warranty) but I guess it’s going to be ok. Time will tell.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Would the TF tuned service fix this? Mine well out of warranty and bought from Rose in Germany

deadkenny
    Free Member

Ignore the “don’t touch this!” warning in the instructions about the air valve, use shock pump, pump back up to 250psi and *no more!*. Solves the problem every time for me and others I know who’ve had similar. Though, I’ve only had to do it twice.

Earlier models did have issues with the internals however and on warranty they can be upgraded to the newer (2011/12? onwards) version or just replace the whole thing.

Check the air first before anything else.

mattjg
    Free Member

ah handy thread resurrection, thx all

I’ll try air, it’s in warranty to April so there is a bit of breathing space presumably

mattjg
    Free Member

Update – sent the unit back to Wiggle 2 Feb, who sent it to Fisher, who sent me a BNIB unit received today. No quibbles.

Fair enough I think – almost as good as having a bit of kit that doesn’t fail.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘If my Reverb has developed a few mm of vertical play …’ is closed to new replies.