Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Reverb – reasons why it returns to full height slowly or not at all?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

My post was ‘gritty’ and not dropping too well. I removed the circlip from the bottom of the post and gave it a quick clean and greased the o-ring and foam ring. Obviously I had to depressurise it first.

Without realising what I needed to do, I removed the poppet cover, then replaced it. I was trying to get to the brass keys to clean them up like I’ve done before with an old Joplin post.

Anyway, put it all pack together and bled the remote, repressurised to 250psi. But it back in the bike and loosely tightened the seat clamp.

The post drops, and feels smoother, so the gritty feeling has gone, but it doesnt re-extend.

Even if I hold the remote button in and try to pull it back up by the saddle, I can feel a vacuum sucking it back down.

It’s under warranty, so no issues with returning it if necessary – might even get a 2017 version in return!

cheers

bruneep

You’ve pulled it apart and now it doesn’t work and you expect a warranty replacement.

Good luck. Just don’t tell fishers that.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Obviously! It will make up for the previous 3 times when I didnt pull a Reverb apart but it still failed on me. Swings and roundabouts. Anyway, an attempt at some maintenance to fix a fault isnt going to invalidate a warranty, even if I was a little ham-fisted.

Anyhow, bleed – pressurise – bleed again seems to have fixed it.

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

It just sounds like you need to re bleed the hose,do it with the adjuster turned to full slow towards – .Finish the bleed at trigger end by pushing the trigger against syringe pressure and finish the bleed by adding a bit of pressure with the syringe. If that doesn’t fix it could be you have got fluid under the poppet valve which I think needs air there to create a little return spring for it .

gravesendgrunt
    Free Member

Doh – didnt read end of your last post properly 😳

zero-cool
    Free Member

Mine was returning rather slow. But then I checked the air pressure and pumped it back up to full pressure and it was back to normal speed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Reverb – reasons why it returns to full height slowly or not at all?’ is closed to new replies.