Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Reverb dropping 10mm, advice sort.
  • dirtydog
    Free Member

Afternoon all.

I’m having isuues with my reverb which drops 10mm or so when weighted (another one), the question is, is this recognised as a ‘known issue’ or is it something I’m gonna have to pay for?

The post is an original mk1 but has had little use, it was bought from germany so if possible I’d like to return it to the distributors, whoever they may be?

dlr

Check the air pressure with a shock pump, valve is in the bottom, 250 psi or something I think, google…I’ve had to do this about twice a year

richmtb

Take the post out and check the pressure in the main chamber should be 250 psi. They do sometimes lose air.

lardman
    Free Member

Yep, it’s the pressure. I have to do it every couple of months or so.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Cheers fellas, pressure was 150, pumped it up to 250 and all is fine now.

Top marks for everyone!

wallop

I had this problem, so I sent it back to bike-components.de. I was just about 4 weeks away from the warranty period ending. Within 3 weeks they’d sent me a new one to replace it. Winner!

coopersport1
    Free Member

Mine did it after 2nd ride, checked pressure (a faff on a stealth, saddle off job) no change. Bled it no change, back to Fishers for another one much better, got rid!

dirtydog
    Free Member

@wallop I thought I was going to be getting a mk2 for a minute. Oh well at least its working as it should again. I’ll keep an eye on the pressure though, think I got mine from bikediscount.de.

ChristoGinger
    Free Member

Hi Mine did that. had the exact same sypmtoms. It had to go back and get replaced on warranty. it was something to do with a seal or other internal gubbins i think. its a worldwide warranty though so if you contact fishers theyll tell you to return it through one of their dealers with the origional receipt(i printed out my payment confirmation off of paypal).

stilltortoise
    Free Member

advice sort

Past tense of seek is spelt sought. Was that the type of advice you were looking for 😉

iolo
    Free Member

Lift it 10mm higher in the frame?

lardman
    Free Member

A good way to avoid this happening so frequently, is only leave the post extended when storing the bike. If you leave it compressed down at all for any length of time, it slowly loses pressure.

mattjg
    Free Member

This happened to me, was replaced under warranty no-quibble. In the docs somewhere it says to do that.

antares
    Free Member

And me, got a new one under warranty.

welshfarmer

Mine does this every so often. Unfortunately bought 2nd hand so no warranty. However, I know which O-ring is leaking and it always seems to go every few months. I can strip and replace and have it back to normal in a bout 1/2 an hour these days. And the O-ring costs pennies.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Reverb dropping 10mm, advice sort.’ is closed to new replies.