Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • University interview tomorrow
  • shermer75
    Free Member

What should I wear? Full on ‘weddings and court appearances’ suit or just smart shirt, trousers and shoes (no jeans, shirt tucked in)

Duane…
    Free Member

I’d go for smart trousers, shoes, shirt, tie, and a smart jacket (not a suit jacket).

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’d go for smart trousers, shoes, shirt, tie, and a smart jacket (not a suit jacket).

Think I went for something similar when I interviewed with Imperial. I’d like to think that the admissions officers would look beyond how you look, but it always help to make a good impression.

Garry_Lager

For undergrad? No need for the suit, but do look smart [IMHO – I interview a few students a week for degree places and most do not wear a suit, bit do make an effort].

alfabus
    Free Member

Undergrad?

I travelled across the country to an open day, and had an interview as part of that…. wore standard late nineties dress of faded jeans, sweatshirt and curtains haircut.

fasthaggis

like ,don’t sweat it man

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I think I wore a badly fitting suit to Cambridge, all the other offers were conditional on turning up to the open day (some didn’t even go that far and just sent the offer) and grades. Bizzarely, that’s for the course that splits Dr’s and Dentists to make up the top three graduate salaries and only requires 3B’s at most Uni’s! Really does seem like engineering should be more popular than it is.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yep, undergrad. It’s Physiotherapy BSc and fiercely competitive as it’s one of the few places that the NHS will pay the fees for…

Garry_Lager

shermer75 – Member

Yep, undergrad. It’s Physiotherapy BSc and fiercely competitive as it’s one of the few places that the NHS will pay the fees for… I’d get the suit on in that case – most courses do not use interviews as the basis for selection (aside from weeding out the occasional psychopath), so it’s as much you interviewing them as the other way round. Sounds different for the course you are applying to, so suit up.

atlaz
    Free Member

I wore a suit. That was 1993 tho.

marp
    Free Member

I would go for suit. For me it makes me out on my game face anyway..

Where’s the interview?

IA

If you have the suit, wear it.

You’ll never feel bad or worry about being the best dressed man/woman in the room.

olddog

I would wear whatever gives you the most confidence.

If you would be worried (even a little bit) about being underdressed then best to wear the suit and take away that bit of unnecessary stress.

Are you sorted with what you are going to say for obvious questions eg what want from course, what you have to offer, why apply for that subject, why that Uni, future work plans. Not to rehearse the answers, but to have ordered a some sensible thoughts.

… and good luck , hope it goes well!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘University interview tomorrow’ is closed to new replies.