Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)
  • Revenge is a dish best served cold (morally correct though)
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

A few years ago my mother inlaws new husband and me had a horrendous falling out and haven’t spoken since and probably never will again. He is a particularly nasty piece of work – that’s all you need to know.

Anyway during the last couple of years he has developed peripheral neuropathy as a complication arising from his poor management of diabetes. This affects his legs and more recently his arms. I recently found out that he was still driving so decided to stick him in to the DVLA. No more licence for him.

althepal

Er..Not really sure what kinda response you’re looking for here. Well done?

SaxonRider

😐 Yowzers. I cringed reading that!

That’s all I can say.

yossarian
    Free Member

You are a credit to your parents.

Bregante

Sounds like you also made the roads a little safer for everybody else.

RealMan
    Free Member

Anyway during the last couple of years he has developed peripheral neuropathy as a complication arising from his poor management of diabetes. This affects his legs and more recently his arms. I recently found out that he was still driving so decided to stick him in to the DVLA. No more licence for him.

Seems pretty harsh, talk about holding a grudge? Although I guess it depends if he really shouldn’t be driving or not, I don’t know anything about peripheral neuropathy.

defydude
    Free Member

Baited. Hook. Delicious!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

They wouldnt have taken his licence away if he was safe to drive…

timc
    Free Member

no one likes a grass, or an illegal driver (if thats the case) so on that basis, I’m not ar5ed 😛

Cougar

Hook, line, sinker, rod, reel, and copy of Angling Times.

iDave
    Free Member

As there is the remote possibility that he could crash his car into someone and kill them, well done for the action, despite your child-like attitude. Obviously one day he’ll get his revenge too. Karma and all that.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Amazingly this is most definitely not a troll – for once.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Driving is a privilege, not a right.

If he genuinely was a risk to others, good move…

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

SbZ. Making the roads safer since 1997.

defydude
    Free Member

…but making zoos significantly more dangerous.

atlaz
    Free Member

Grandparent’s neighbour had a similar problem. Drove, had a seizure, crashed and died, luckily narrowly avoiding taking out another car. You should have given him fair notice but it’s the right thing to do (it’s going to make family events a bit awkward I bet).

johnners
    Free Member

You should have given him fair notice but it’s the right thing to do (it’s going to make family events a bit awkward I bet).

Don’t be daft, TZF’s not going to tell him he dobbed him in.

Unless you just mean the bloke’ll have to find Public Transport alternatives to travel to events.

singletrackmind

Why not wee in his shoes and hacksaw halfway through his walking stick whilst you are it ? 😀
    I shopped a bloke to the fuzz as he was parked next to me in a Volvo xc90 with the front tyre so worn the steel banding was wearing through.

crikey
    Free Member

SbZ. Making the roads safer since 1997.

‘specially since he stopped being a Driving Instructor…. 😆

Sounds harsh but fair to me…

snowpaul
    Free Member

sounds fair to me if he was a genuine danger to himself and others

paul

nonk
    Free Member

well you see the thing with peripheral neuropathy is that sometimes its bad and sometimes it’s fine.
    he could have managed safely and just fine really, you my friend sound like a proper twisted little nobhead.
    mind you that has always been the case.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

DVLA says that he couldnt manage fine… Who’s the proper little twisted knob head now?

nonk
    Free Member

err still you.

chewkw
    Free Member

I am not paying for his insurance (claim etc) so get him off the road.

Alternative shouldn’t the doctor just cut off his arms & legs too keep him alive?

You’ve done the right thing.

TheFlyingOx

He is a particularly nasty piece of work – that’s all you need to know.

I think we need to know more. At the moment I feel kinda “heh, SbZ is funny”, but if I knew what sort of devilment lies in this man’s past then I could also feel a vicarious sense of righteousness.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what you did is fine assuming you did it to make the roads safer rather than to just annoy him.
    how angry bitter and vengeful you wish to be and how happy at this I leave to you and your conscience

crikey
    Free Member

well you see the thing with peripheral neuropathy is that sometimes its bad and sometimes it’s fine.

As far as I’m aware it’s a progressive condition, and in association with Diabetes, is not the kind of thing that comes and goes, or that you have bad and good days…

Best to hope one is on a good day while driving?

GW
    Free Member

Fine, but MTFU and tell him you did it.

I wouldn’t consider it revenge if you’re too cowardly to even own up to it.

trailmonkey

wish my life was a quarter as exciting as sbz’s life is.

it’s a never ending procession of forum titilating discussion nuggets.

nonk
    Free Member

i had a right side one for around two years that came and went over a two week cycle if the diabetes related version is a constant thing then i stand corrected and apologize for the nobhead comment but i do still think it’s a fairly twisted thing to do.
    i mean if you need revenge the whole thing is eating you up so man up and move on.

joolsburger
    Free Member

No one likes a grass? Really? I do, criminals,idiots and the empty of head need to be sorted out.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

absolute cobblers. Every single word.

winston_dog
    Free Member

I agree with Ox – what has he done which is so bad that makes you hate a disabled relative so much?

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Well there are wills involved, he had a nice wee screaming match with my wife about me when he didnt realise that he was on speaker phone, and he took a swing at me amongst other things.

Junkyard
    Free Member

was this in a zoo by any chance?

yunki
    Free Member

he had a nice wee screaming match with my wife about me when he didnt realise that he was on speaker phone, and he took a swing at me amongst other things.

who wouldn’t given half a chance..?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You’ve possibly done the right thing, but for all the wrong reasons.

Peace!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Priceless. Love this bit:

you my friend sound like a proper twisted little nobhead.

Then, right:

Who’s the proper little twisted knob head now?

Followed by this!

err still you.

😆

My dad’s bigger than your dad no my dad’s bigger than yorn no my dad does karate well my dad’s in the army….

Quality.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Isn’t the government supposed to be cracking down on diabetic drivers at risk from having a hypo anyway no matter how well they think they are managing the condition. So sounds like it was only a matter of time before his licence was revoked. 😕

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

A Glupton of Solace*.

(* © MR Nutt 2009)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 62 total)

The topic ‘Revenge is a dish best served cold (morally correct though)’ is closed to new replies.