Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Revelation Stanchions
  • dougieb
    Free Member

I’ve got some 2010 Revelation team u-turn forks. They have been mainly riden whilst wound down and on winding them out I discovered marks on the stanchions. Sort of dark rings that I first thought was stanchion wear but on closer inspection it doesn’t look like the anodising is worn. Popped into the LBS and they’ve said that it’s probably staining from the seals, sometime oil or water can stain the stanchions. Anybody heard of this ? is it common? I whipped the lowers off and there was nothing other than these rings say 2 cm’s in height to worry about.

nicko74

So they’re rings that run round the stanchions? Think it’d be unusual that it’d be wear in that pattern; it coudl just be iffy seals.
    But then I’m a complete layman, so the fact that your LBS says the same may not be very inspiring…

Northwind

Mine have that too, though thinner; so does my Float shock. Not sure what it’s all about but it doesn’t seem to do anything so I’m ignoring it

spock
    Free Member

i have the same on mine, darker coloured rings about the size of foam rings? Bought mine second hand and stripped them when i got them and found the marks, i thought it might the having the fork out of use for a while and the foam rings somehow darkening them? either way it doesnt affect them at all

mr_mills
    Free Member

Mine have got that too. I’m not worrying about it.

dougieb
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s about the same size as the foam rings – sounds like it’s nothing to worry about. thanks

LoCo
    Free Member

Do you use ‘bike wash’ by any chance?

dougieb
    Free Member

used to but not anymore – why do you ask?

LoCo
    Free Member

Some are a bit caustic and if they have got into the forks and are sat on the seals or bushes will eat into the stantion coating, hence the marks, ‘possibly’

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Revelation Stanchions’ is closed to new replies.