Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Retro computers games stashed away.
  • King-ocelot
    Free Member

[/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img][/url][/img]

Parents want me to remove all my ‘stuff’ currently dumped at thier house. Found these Vintage beauties.

thebunk

SNES Mariokart! Tell me battle mode is as good as I remember it…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I think it is, sadly i currently only have one working pad. The other seems to have died while hibernating.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Nice collection there, i’ve still got my NES and Amstrad CPC464 (along with Amstrad Green Screen). I vowed never to get rid, much like my matchbox cars and Scalextric.

Even though the parents dont like it cluttering up their loft I cant force myself to let it go. My lad is now 12 months old and I cant wait for the day when i bring it home and see his eyes light up.

BoardinBob

I’ve still got a 48k in my parents loft

midlifecrashes

Got one of these sat upstairs, it was working OK last time I tried it, maybe five years ago.

Atari 400

King-ocelot
    Free Member

…Ive just found more. A Master System 2 and a modded playstation 2. Its clear with lights in it and plays import games, i used to mod them when i was a student to prop up the student loan. Ive got over 50+ games for the Megadrive and Master system i got for 1p each when i was working in a branch of Gamestation about 5 years ago. Time to see what they are all worth on ebay.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

…found a razzle too, circa 1995!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Razzle should go for a pretty penny on the bay.

retro83
    Free Member

Nice collection. Mega Drive games were really expensive. My copy of James Pond still has the price sticker on it, for £59.99 – I think that’s approx £100 in todays money!

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

When my father died we had a good clear out and in the attic was my Dragon 32 and my 386dx with 4mb ram and 105mb hard drive 🙂 all took to the recycling centre 🙁

AlexSimon

These are my prized ones

bigyinn
    Free Member

My lad is now 12 months old and I cant wait for the day when i bring it home and see his eyes light up.

More like a WTF as my mobile has more processing power than that now!

Razzle should go for a pretty penny on the bay.

I assume the pages are, ahem, “glue” free?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Wow Alex! I’d love a boxed secret of mana.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

The razzle has no cover hence I’m guessing it’s age. Things were hairy back then.

trail_rat
    Free Member

got a spectrum 128k and a suitcase of tapes/games and an amiga a1200 – complete with 2mb of ram …

oh and a comodore pc1 !

bin fodder really !

chvck
    Free Member

Got about 5 commodore 64 bases and literally hundreds of games back home in a shed! I did try playing with one a couple of years back and the loading (and running!) times were sooooo bad!

Interested in selling the Mega Drive? I love them!

Garry_Lager

As far as the old spectrum goes – The marvin spectrum emulator for android phones is **** brilliant – direct link to the world of spectrum website to get any game you like.

Only drawback is that the touchscreen phone is really hard to control with (at least for me). Got manic miner on the go and miner willy is all over the shop, cannae get out of the first cavern. Ye cannot beat the old rubber keys of the 48k – definitely one to hang on to if you were sensible enough to keep them (I wasnae 🙁 )

Text adventures are great on the phone – completed twin kingdom valley the other day. Happy days.

AlexSimon

I used to like a game called Penetrator (no sniggering) for the Spectrum.
    But it used the ‘p’ key for firing and you could fire really fast.
    The ‘p’ key eventually died and that was the end of that!

Lifer
    Free Member

How much for Ico?

almightydutch
    Free Member

Alex, you’ve just reminded me of killing things, and i used to go through Joysticks like they were going out of fashion when playing the waggletastic Daley Thomson Decathlon.

Cougar

The marvin spectrum emulator for android phones is **** brilliant

Ooh, I’ll have to have a look for that, ta.

How much for Ico?

Still reasonably sought after, that. There’s plenty on eBay for prices between “bargain” and “you’re having a laugh, mate.”

Cougar

Got manic miner on the go

To reply to the OP, I’ve got a copy of Jet Set Willy signed by Matthew Smith.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Got a master system11 stashed away. Couple of games as well. tempted to fire it up now you mention it

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I put the master system on and played chase HQ, it’s terrible now, unresponsive and achingly slow. However the Disney games are still superb, well animated considering the hardware. Asterix wasn’t so bad either.

Sorry chaps, I’ve decided not to part with any of it just yet. I was offered stupid money for Ico once, wish I’d have taken it. When it was re-released they values plummeted. The shining games for megadrive and Saturn I have are worth a fair bit. I only need one more for the set.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Retro computers games stashed away.’ is closed to new replies.