Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Restrap pedal straps
  • miketually
    Free Member

Anyone used Restrap pedals straps, or similar, off-road?

http://restrap.co.uk/products/diagonal-straps/

I use flats on my SS MTB and clips-and-straps on my fixietwat bike, but I’m looking for a better platform and more secure connection for off-road fixed. Any thoughts on these?

hounslow
    Free Member

I would get horizontal straps, like holdfasts as they are much easier to get in and out of. I originally bought restraps and found them to be a nightmare to use, really floppy so you couldn’t slide your shoe into them easily. Replaced them with holdfast and they stay put and are much more rigid.
    This is on a road fixietwatbike though.

xcentric
    Free Member

why is that not broken ankle territory for offroad use? Why not ride either flats, or clipped in, and have the benefits of whichever you choose. How is this not the worst of both worlds? (from someone who used to mtb in toeclips and straps).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Riksbar

Has the powergrips patet run out?

I had those back on the day but swathed to spuds and never looked back, that said they were better than toeclips.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

why not spds?

miketually
    Free Member

I would get horizontal straps

Restrap do a horizontal too, which looks like like it might be better: http://restrap.co.uk/products/horizontal-straps/

why not spds?

Cost; special shoes; complexity. And my wonky right foot and dodgy knee.

miketually
    Free Member

Bump for the evening crowd…

ontor
    Free Member

What about crank bros or speedplay?

I’ve used CB for a while (also knee issues)

miketually
    Free Member

What about crank bros or speedplay?

Cost; special shoes; complexity. And my wonky right foot and dodgy knee.

tonyg2003

I think that like Riksbar I’ve just had a 1990 flashback. Powergrips! Moved to spd and never looked back.

miketually
    Free Member

Finally, just ordered some horizontal Restraps from CTBM and some plastic pedals from CRC. My shoes weren’t holding up well to clips and straps using my fixietwat bike to commute, so thought the bigger platforms would help, along with more secure attachment. Will report back.

miketually
    Free Member

Arrived today, along with the plastic flat pedals. But, I’m an idiot who didn’t check the pedal photo properly, so I’ve reordered some pedals that will actually allow the straps to thread through.

stufield
    Free Member

i had power straps back in the day, great for full on mountain biking which you want to ride in walking boots but, i’d rather save up and buy specific pedals shoes now

kaiser
    Free Member

I’ve got some powerstraps ..still boxed if anyone wants a set make me an offer

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

Had these back in the day …..

…..still got the clickiy knee to prove it 🙁

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Restrap pedal straps’ is closed to new replies.