Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Restaurant near Waterloo station
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

I’m heading up to London for a meal in the next few weeks. Any suggestions for somewhere near Waterloo? Cuisine could be anything interesting. A friend has suggested the Goucho Grill, but it looks a bit dull to me, and also a touch pricey!

Cheers,

Rich

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

If you can make your way over to Leicester Sq way there is an awesome Bombay style cafe/restuarant called Dishoom.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

There’s a few chain type restaurants along the South Bank. Good location for views etc, but food not all that special.

Instead I’d head for the Cut about 5 mins walk from the station in the opposite direction (Near The Old Vic Theatre)- The Anchor & Hope there is very good. Also a couple of pretty good Tapas places.

Walking downriver from the London Eye there is a restaurant on the first floor of the Oxo building called Tamesa (NOT the Oxo tower restaurant itself) where I had a truly amazing steak a couple of years back. Had good river views and not too expensive either (not cheap, but this is London)…

offthebrakes
    Free Member

Meson don Felipe tapas bar on The Cut is superb. In fact there’s quite a good choice of restaurants on The Cut.

Blueadvocate

Archdukes for a steak or Livebait on the Cut (if fish is your thing)

10pmix
    Free Member

Loads of choice around Waterloo

On The Cut there is the anchor and hope gastro pub, Maison Don felipe Spanish, Ev Turkish and Baltic just onto Blackfriars rd.

There is also the Waterloo Brasserie and Bangalore Express just across waterloo road from the station

Then there is Canteen and Skylon and Ping Pong near the festival hall.

And there’s the Oxo tower too of course but that is a bit pricey.

theyEye
    Free Member

There was a thread like this a few days ago here, but the suggestions on this one are much better!

chakaping
    Free Member

Meson don Felipe tapas bar on The Cut is superb.

+1 – nice food and actually feels like being in Spain too, unlike most.

Tas is alright in the same street too, cheap modern Turkish place.

thomthumb
    Free Member

anchor and hope. pretty good pub type food.

10pmix
    Free Member

Ah yes, Tas on The Cut. Ev is on Isabella St nearby. As is Thai Silk which is very nice.

bigyinn
    Free Member

no no no no NO!.
    You want the Fishcoteque on Waterloo Rd (its pretty much underneath the station bridge)!

chakaping
    Free Member

Is that still there?

Was the title (and cover) of one of my fave albums…

rootes1

there is the Livebait fish restaurant on The Cut….

but not idea if it good as I only ever walk passed it… sorry

but the tapas bar on the same street as mentioned above seems a good bet.. only been in a couple of times though

might look up Tas… sound interesting

bigyinn
    Free Member

Was still there in March!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Restaurant near Waterloo station’ is closed to new replies.