Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Restaurant advice in Windemere area…
  • disben

I believe quite a few of the STW regulars live in or around the Lake District. Does anyone happen to have any good suggestions on good quality restaurants (evening meals) in or around Windermere to take my future wife…? Will be up there at the end of the summer and looking for some suggestions.

Further to that any other suggestions within a couple of miles from Windermere that might be worth checking out…

Cheers

highclimber
    Free Member

there are plenty of lovely retuarants in Bowness. Hear the Thai restuarant there is very good (fully booked when we tried to muscle in one night).

I don’t know the name, sorry

AlasdairMc

If you’re going to Bowness, avoid the Spinnery. It’s the worst restaurant I’ve been to in a long time, rubbish food and a rip off.

konaboy2275
    Free Member

Stottie shop was good last time i visited… Drunken Duck otherwise is excellent but pricey, Old Dungeon Gill has the best chips, but for the best pizza you got to go to Lancaster…chilli beef mmmmmm….

whimbrel
    Free Member

Damson Dene Hotel 🙂

Book room 4 so that we can all see how it goes.

geoffj

The Glass House in Ambleside is good. I’m not sure of any restaurants in Windermere or Bowness which stand out as such.

andylakes

Try Jericos, It has always been pretty good.
    http://www.jerichos.co.uk/
    Second the Drunken Duck too.
    A

gazman
    Free Member

The watermill at Ings is a short drive from Windermere and it has it’s own brewery, nice location too.

Wookster

The Waterside is very good, Zeferellis is fab too.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

second the thai in bowness. me and the gf went there on spec earlier in the year after a day walking above ambleside and it was very high quality, as good as any thai i’ve had here in manchester…

totalshell

theres an italian down a backstreet in bowmess that is booked up for weeks me the mrs always go there deffo worth booking a month or so in advance..

djglover
    Free Member

Drunken Duck, was there on Monday and the food was great as usual

postierich
    Free Member

Visited the watermill @ Ings and been dissapointed both times, not far down the road near Sizebergh Castle is the Strickland Arms which is very good!

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Taxi to Holbeck Ghyll?

Trekster

Villa Positano or the Indian just up the street a bit
    Was in the Duck last week, saw the food and prices and just thought it was not value for money, although it was heaving and people were spending £20 on 2 Whiskys?????

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Never had a bad meal at the Angel inn. Nice outside on a nice day. Average price and on sight parking.

lakesrider
    Free Member

Beresfords, up the hill a bit from bowness (or down the hill a bit from Windermere 🙂 )

If you go before 7 (or might be 6) theres a cheaper menu deal.

its my local restaurant, never had a bad meal there yet.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Beresfords+Restaurant+%26+Pub+Ltd,+Beresford+Road,+Windermere&hl=en&ll=54.366771,-2.916055&spn=0.005601,0.013797&sll=54.367946,-2.913888&sspn=0.005913,0.013797&z=16

Its not actually where that map pin is, its on the corner of the main road and beresford road.

Trekster

lakesrider…is that the one with the beer garden out front? Looked at that one last time we stayed in Windermere(B&B just up the road)but there seemed to be a bit of a stag do or something on, was a bit “lively” to say the least. Sure it is not always like that. B&B owner is mates with Angelo, local badminton champs.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Restaurant advice in Windemere area…’ is closed to new replies.