Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replacing freehub on a thru-axle hub?
  • 19ninety
    Free Member

Looking to replace the freehub as its pretty chewed up by the cassette. I’ve got no idea what ones I should be looking at though… I’ve got a Mavic Crossride wheel and hub which is X-12 thru-axle, any pointers on which is the correct freehub to buy?
    Is there a more durable option … the cassette has chewed into the metal quite a bit for only a few hundred miles of riding, doesnt look too good 🙁
    And what would be the best lubes to use on the inside of the freehub and on the outside where the cassette mounts?
    Cheers!

wwaswas

if it were me I’d file the freehub body down to get rid of the chewed up bits and buy a more expensive cassette with a carrier.

19ninety
    Free Member

Which 10speed cassettes comes with carriers?

Any other options regarding replacing the free hub?

njee20
    Free Member

if it were me I’d file the freehub body down to get rid of the chewed up bits and buy a more expensive cassette with a carrier.

This, unless it’s utterly horrendous it’s basically a cosmetic issue. Make sure your cassette is tight, file the burrs and get on with it.

19ninety
    Free Member

Which 10speed cassettes comes with carriers?

wwaswas

google: “Which 10speed mtb cassettes comes with carriers”

Any of them.

19ninety
    Free Member

Apparently the one I have has a alloy carrier but the hubs still getting marred?

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/content/global_cycle/en/us/index/products/mountain/deore/product.-code-CS-HG62-10.-type-.cs_mountain.html

Will splashing on an XT one make any difference?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Replacing freehub on a thru-axle hub?’ is closed to new replies.