Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Stainburn – never been. Ok when wet?
  • downhilldave

Think a few of us are off to Stainburn on Sunday. Does it hold up Ok when it’s wet? Not too far to travel so no probs there. Llandegla planned for next weekend 😀 Cheers in advance.

trout
    Free Member

yes its in good shape at the moment the Singletraction diggers keep it up to scratch .

let us know if you ride it all with no dabs specialy the bouldertrail

grum
    Free Member

Black route will be fun in the wet!

downhilldave

Will do. Is it tricky?

grum
    Free Member

I’d say it’s pretty damn tricky but of course there are heroes on here who might not agree. 🙂

It’s great though.

downhilldave

Cheers grum, looking forward

GregMay
    Free Member

I’ll buy you a pint if you don’t dab at some stage 😀

It is an excellent place to ride.

ads678

The car park side of the road stands up really well to the wet. The other side if the road is a different matter, still can be fun though.

paulgrav
    Free Member

The rocky parts of the black route will be very slippy, the North Shore stuff especially. The red will likely be fine.

withersea
    Free Member

What are the trails like on the on the non-profitcar park side? I thought they all went with the major tree cutting a few years back?

withersea
    Free Member

And for the OP if you are going through Otley on the way stop a the cafe at the bridge for the full-timeon traditional English greasy spoon experience.

rsl1
    Free Member

Proper trails are fine, Norwood side was surprisingly dry before xmas but not any more. There’s quite a lot over there but two main obvious downhill that are used the most, really good fun.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Stainburn – never been. Ok when wet?’ is closed to new replies.