Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Replacement disc pads
  • hambl90
    Free Member

Hi all , got some new xt brakes on back order and would like to have some spare pads in my bag , what after Market pads do you recommend ?

Cheers
    Ian

mikey74
    Free Member

Superstar Kevlar

hambl90
    Free Member

Anyone else ?

Keef
    Free Member

discopads.

hambl90
    Free Member

What are the discopads like ?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Superstar sintered.

skywalker
    Free Member

EBC all the way, bloody excellent pads.

_tom_
    Free Member

Superstar sintered for me. 4 sets for about £20 and they still seem to last ages.

robhughes
    Free Member

+1 for the kevlar.

spooky_b329

Superstar Kevlar.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Aztec are the best non-Shimano spares for these brakes, though none but Shimano have fins.

MarkN
    Free Member

Used Discopads on Hayes and Shimano and they have been great.

vancoughcough
    Free Member

I found Clarks pads to be as good as EBC.

Keef
    Free Member

disco are great,never had an issue,don’t bother with Superstar,unless you like being told it’s your fault,if ever there’s a problem.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Superstar Sintered for winter, Kevlar for summer

_tom_
    Free Member

disco are great,never had an issue,don’t bother with Superstar,unless you like being told it’s your fault,if ever there’s a problem.

If you encounter problems fitting brake pads then it probably is your fault 😛

Northwind

Superstar have had some problems with Avid’s daft brake pad fitting system, to be fair. I think the moral of the story was that you can get away with buying crap brakes, and you can get away with buying cheap pads, but you can’t do both.

I used nothing else apart from Superstar Kevlar, they’ve been close to flawless. One pad chunked up a bit in hard use, another glazed a bit in France and needed scrubbed off again. But still, better record than Shimano OEM and Disco.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Uber bike pads are great worth a go, few of us have been using them for past year with no issues

http://www.uberbikecomponents.com/

_tom_
    Free Member

I think the moral of the story was that you can get away with buying crap brakes, and you can get away with buying cheap pads, but you can’t do both.

-has been using avid brakes with superstar pads for a few years now-

Changing Avid pads can be fiddly though I guess.

captaindanger

aren’t all makes essentially the same, just a few alternative compounds available? That’s the way I see it, have been fine with superstar, ebc, shimano, clarks, avid, magura etc

Keef
    Free Member

_tom_ – Member

If you encounter problems fitting brake pads then it probably is your fault

never said I had a problem fitting them.

I was referring to the fact that superstar told me it was my fault that they de-laminated after one ride,btw,I’ve been building/repairing bikes for over 30 yrs.
    and have never had any other brake pad fail in that way. 😀

hambl90
    Free Member

Brakes arrived this morning but no one seems to list after Market pads for the br- m785 can anyone give me a link please,

thepurist

[edit] Sorry, duff info

hambl90
    Free Member

Anyone ?

jimcollins67
    Free Member

I’ve just bought the same set of brakes from rose bikes, superstar do pads for them, but they do not have the fins on them. The pad code you need for them is S5.

hambl90
    Free Member

Thanks Jim

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Replacement disc pads’ is closed to new replies.