Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replaced bb and now chainline off
  • cubist
    Free Member

So I replaced the creaky seam gxp bb with a nice shiny new Hope one. It’s a 73mm shell. I have the gxp converter on the non drive side and one 2.5mm spacer on the drive side. Now the chain guide is rubbing in gears 1-4.

The chain guide has no washers or spacers so it’s as close in as it can get. If I stick a second 2.5mm spacer in to move my chsinring out a bit will I cause any issues?

Rorschach
    Free Member

Remember,putting spacers on the driveside will not change the chainline (Ds cup floats on the axle)

cubist
    Free Member

It will move the chain ring out and give me some space inside the chain device though.

Rorschach
    Free Member

No it won’t.

cubist
    Free Member

Not sure I can get my head around why it won’t work but given I have managed to start 2 threads on this and I’ve been told not to do it on the other I think I’m going to bend the guide across instead. If all else fails I guess it’s time for a new chain device.

Rorschach
    Free Member

If it’s only rubbing a little you could face the nds BB shell a little to move the chainline out (I once took 5mm off my cx shell to make room for a chainguide.Before 1x was a thing and n/w had been invented!!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Replaced bb and now chainline off’ is closed to new replies.