Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 192 total)
  • Pity the poor convicted murderers…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/apr/24/arkansas-double-executions-supreme-court-jack-jones-marcel-williams

My heart really bleeds for them and their human rights. Shame their victims didn’t live as long as they did..

thomthumb
    Free Member

so you advocate murder, or not? i’m confused?

4130s0ul
    Free Member

What I find a bit disturbing is the fact that Arkansas hadn’t put anyone to death for 12 years and have only scheduled 11 deaths now due to the drug soon to be going out of date. If the drug had a longer life span would these prisoners just sit there on death row indefinitely?

woody2000

announcing that he would schedule eight killings in 11 days, in order to use up a batch of the sedative medazolam that was expiring at the end of this month.

Nice. You stay classy, Arkansas 🙁

mikewsmith
    Free Member

It’s a measure of society as to how we treat prisoners etc.
    The death penalty is cruel and barbaric and something that should have been stopped years ago.

cheers_drive

What 4130s0ul said.

loddrik
    Free Member

I’m all for the death penalty. People who commit and are subsequently convicted of murder should be snuffed out right away. No way should any taxpayers money be spent on keeping them locked up.

They gave their ‘human rights’ up when they took away their victims’.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’m all for the death penalty. People who commit and are subsequently convicted of murder should be snuffed out right away. No way should any taxpayers money be spent on keeping them locked up.

And what about all the times they manage to convict the wrong people?
    Would they just be classed as collateral damage?

sbob
    Free Member

Surely the first step in promoting murder is to advocate it?

loddrik
    Free Member

Where there is no doubt, kill the ****.

retro83
    Free Member

I don’t approve of the death penalty, but if it does happen why do they not use a firing squad? It’s instant, no **** about trying to put lines, dose the right amounts etc.

I remember reading of another botched execution in the states (lethal gas I think) where the accused ended up headbutting himself to death from the pain after some chemicals were not mixed properly.

IHN

Where there is no doubt, kill the ****.

Define ‘no doubt’.

plyphon
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wrongful_execution

loddrik
    Free Member

Plus, if it were someone close to you who was murdered, would you be so concerned about the human rights of the perpetrator…?

And yes, miscarriages do happen, but it’s up to judge and jury to decide on guilt through evidence presented.

IHN

Plus, if it were someone close to you who was murdered, would you be so concerned about the human rights of the perpetrator…?

I’d be concerned about me being dragged down to their levels of malice.

plyphon
    Free Member

I don’t approve of the death penalty, but if it does happen why do they not use a firing squad? It’s instant, no **** about trying to put lines, dose the right amounts etc.

Because then you need to find people who are completely willing, and sound of mind before, during and after the act of executing someone.

The reason chemical death is used is because it’s “the machine” who kills the guy and no one person is solely responsible for the ultimate death of a person. It’s equally about keeping those who have to do the job sane as it is about having a quick, merciful death.

Unless you’re offering to pull the trigger?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

I wouldn’t go baying for blood. If you value life you value it all, The death penalty doesn’t seem to be a deterrent and it is motivated by vengance not justice.

loddrik
    Free Member

Absolutely 100% for the death penalty. It’d be interesting to see what the country thinks of it in a brexit style referendum.

Plus I don’t really see it as being a deterrent, it’s a punishment plain and simple.

plyphon
    Free Member

And yes, miscarriages do happen, but it’s up to judge and jury to decide on guilt through evidence presented.

Humans have a solid record of consistently, undeniably, categorically **** things up and getting sh*t wrong.

Group think is real, and no one group of people should have the power to kill another person.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

And when they get it wrong?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Yes. The death penalty has nothing to do with justice and everything to do with malice and revenge.

IHN

The death penalty falls slap bang into the category I call “simple answers to complex problems”, the effectiveness of all of which can nearly always be disproved with the tiniest application of rational thought.

nealglover
    Free Member

So it doesn’t matter if they get a few wrong then ?

As long as we get to kill a few of the right ones.

bails

Where there is no doubt, kill the ****

So you’d send people to prison for life if the case against them was “doubtful”?

plyphon
    Free Member

tbh there are some people who certainly should be executed, or at least banished to a remote part of the Sudan, but I don’t know where there threshold is or what the arbitrary limit of “alright kill this f****r” should lie.

sbob
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

Odd, I don’t recall you coming across as mental before.

Just to clarify, you’re not only advocating killing people, you’re also not too bothered if they’re innocent? 😯

philjunior
    Free Member

loddrik – Member

I wouldn’t go baying for blood. If you value life you value it all, The death penalty doesn’t seem to be a deterrent and it is motivated by vengance not justice.
    Indeed. It’s not like you’re going to bring your loved one back, is it?

That’s the point, they get it wrong an awful lot of the time. Should we then have them all executed if someone is wrongfully put to death because of their mistake? How would you feel if your loved one was wrongfully convicted and executed, wouldn’t you want the judge, jury and executioners all executed?

loddrik
    Free Member

No I’d probably do away with them too.

DezB
    Free Member

Define ‘no doubt’

He strangled the bookkeeper with the cord to a coffee pot while her 11-year-old daughter, Lacey, who survived, was in the room.

Not “It’s alleged”…

Williams, 46, was sent to death row for the 1994 rape and killing of 22-year-old Stacy Errickson, whom he kidnapped from a gas station in central Arkansas. Authorities said he abducted and raped two other women before he was arrested over Errickson’s death. Williams admitted responsibility to the state parole board last month.

outofbreath
    Free Member

“due to the drug soon to be going out of date.”

Giving them out of date drugs could risk their health.

loddrik
    Free Member

You’re all a bunch of bloody lilly livered liberals. I’m off to live in Texas…

plyphon
    Free Member

I mean, the question needs to be reversed –

What if someone you hold dearly was accused of murder? But you know they didn’t do it, they have an alibi, but somehow there’s a small shred of evidence, perhaps tampered with to hit department quotas, that jumps through hoops to link your dearest to the crime. The jury is convinced, they’re going to the chair on Monday.

At least if they’re in prison you can mount a defence, do investigations, get convictions erased.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Loddrick = Jambalaya?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I think this may explain the rise in Uber….

graemecsl
    Free Member

You’ve got to love the hypocrisy of a species that at one level rings it’s hands at putting to death a murderer but on the other engages in the industry of dealing death to thousands of innocents via an arms industry and or supports a government that pursues policies of invasion and mass slaughter for energy needs.

If we don’t kill our own, then we shouldn’t kill others, period.

If on the other hand we have absolutely evil murderers caught in the act then where is the logic of permitting their continued existence (like the case of the recent French gunman released to kill again).

But that still doesn’t license us to put millions of innocents to death just because they live in an area we need to dig up for oil or put a pipeline through. KIll by all means to keep us domestically safe, provided it is beyond any reasonable doubt, but killing remotely is wrong.

philjunior
    Free Member

Not “It’s alleged”…

That’s a legal thing, not a factual thing. Once it’s been decided in court, in a civil or criminal case, it can be reported as a fact. Until that point, anyone claiming it had happened who had not witnessed it would be opening themselves up to libel/slander.

Frustratingly for some who have wrongly been convicted then had the conviction overturned, it’s tricky even in these situations to stop people making claims like that as fact.

bodgy
    Free Member

Giving them out of date drugs could risk their health.

Yes, that is possible. It’s a bit like the “why use sterile needles for executions” thing. One of them was appealing the death penalty on grounds of poor health already, so I don’t see that it makes much difference.

tomhoward

What about people who enable/encourage people to do things that lead to their death?

Drug dealers, for example?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Williams admitted responsibility to the state parole board last month.

Rightly or wrongly that shows nothing.

If you put me infront of a parole board a month before they were going to execute me I’d tell you whatever you wanted to hear too if I thought there was the slightest chance of a reduced sentance. I’d find god, confess to everything, take the Pepsi challenge and tell you where Elvis is hiding and who really shot JFK.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘Pity the poor convicted murderers…’ is closed to new replies.