Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Repairs to lycra kit
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Having thrown our new Dale tandem down the road at Saturday's Selkirk sportiva, I need to repair a couple of pairs of shorts and arm warmers. It was brand new kit so it's worth repairing it. Holes less than 1 inch square. Any ideas? Don't think we'll repair that fast though, 😳

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Erm, needle & thread has always worked for me. I tend to use a contrasting colour thread (yellow or red on black etc) so I can see what I'm doing more easily and I'm not bothered about it looking neat.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I'm interested in what answers come along here as in a near crash recently I burned through the seat of my MT500 shorts with the rear tyre!

Handsomedog
    Free Member

If you can find a sewing machine capable of doing a "stretchy stitch" that's obviously ideal but otherwise use needle and thread and make sure you gather plenty of the material either side of the seam.

[smug]I have a mother to do that kind of thing for me[/smug]

Digimap
    Free Member

Needle and thread to pull it together loosely then a decent sewing machine should have a wide seam type setting to stick a proper seam over it. Set the thread tension really low so it doesn't pucker.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Repairs to lycra kit’ is closed to new replies.