Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Renault
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Surrendering twice ?

Well at least they put up a good fight first.

When we buy a car the top two requirements are (deadly serious)

Not silver or grey or any colour that looks like silver or grey
    Not French

French cars are the shittest piles of garbage on the road, now Rover have gone bust.

Brycey
    Free Member

’56 plate Clio 197 for three years without a single hitch. Great car a couple of leagues above previous model for refinement, interior, etc.

nickf
    Free Member

I owned a Clio 182 for about a month.

+ Cheap, lots of toys (Xenons, cruise, multi CD, leather, climate), everything worked, appallingly fast on twisty roads.

– Appalling driving position, noisy/bumpy as anything, and the interior had all the charm of a wet winter Skegness afternoon.

For me the minuses were far greater than the pluses. I was no longer in my 20s, and I suddenly had to realise that my much-missed 205 GTI 1.9 was part of my youth, never to be recaptured.

Edukator
    Free Member

My French car is 20 years old. For the last ten I’ve been saying I’ll replace it when something goes wrong. It is not a Renault.

Toasty

I had an ’04 Micra. It died at five years old, but not before having issues with the electrics, the engine (four starter motors in three years), the ignition, the central locking, the EGR valve and the windscreen wipers. Amongst other things. ’03 – ’07 Micras are actually Renaults in disguise. -_-

MrsToast
    Free Member

^ That was me again.

mazdarati

Had a guy in today for a car, whose Lagunas rear suspension had just collapsed catastrophically on the way to work 🙂 Funny that this thread popped up this evening.

They are pretty atrocious as regards build quality and engineering related failures, only maker I think of that even approaches them are Citroen and they seem to have copped on of late

The random and bizarre failures you hear of are quite funny though

stratobiker
    Free Member

Best car I ever drove – Clio V6.
    Most economical car I ever owned – Renault 4.

Actually, French cars are superb. But only in France.
    Like French wine really.

‘Cos all the didgy shiz is sent abroad!

SB

Drac

Yet when they out a different body kit on the them and a Nissan badge people claim they’re the most reliable car ever made.

gwaelod
    Free Member

My Dad had a Renault 18 back in the 80s It went on fire sitting in the driveway when it wasnt even turned on ?

did your dad used to live in Toxteth?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Renault’ is closed to new replies.