Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Removing Rockshox lower
  • Tony.w
    Free Member

2010 U turn reba’s turned the bike upside down released the air and removed the the nut and tapped in the rod also removed the allen bolt from the other side. I expected the lowers to slide away as per the Fox forks but there still fixed.
    Do I have to remove the controls and caps from the top of the forks?

amedias
    Free Member

Do I have to remove the controls and caps from the top of the forks?

– no

did you tap the bolt to free the rod on the other side as well?

Tony.w
    Free Member

No I just assumed that as it didn’t protrude through the lower leg it wasn’t going to be a issue but if thats whyit appears stuck then I will give it a go.

amedias
    Free Member

yeah, the pushrod is a friction fit on that side too, undo bolt a few thread, wallop it to release the pushrod, remove bolt and then they should just slide off

offthebrakes
    Free Member

What amedias said.

Don’t forget to remove the air from the negative chamber as well as the positive, or you might get a surprise.

Tony.w
    Free Member

Nice 1 ameias also have depressed both schraider valve to release air. All I was doing was a quick seal wipe clean etc on the lowers only ever done to Fox forks before.
    Appreciate it chaps 🙂

steel4real
    Free Member

Hey Tony, how did the service go ?

I’m interested to know because I reckoned my RS could be done upside down like Fox forks but haven’t yet tried it.

amedias
    Free Member

steel4real – RS are pretty much the same process as fox for a lower leg remove/clean/service

done them upside down plenty of times

steel4real
    Free Member

Cheers amedias I think I will give it a go then 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Removing Rockshox lower’ is closed to new replies.