Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • removing a small dent from a car door
  • Alcopop
    Free Member

out last night get back to the car park to discover
    some trumpet has left a 1 inch dent on my rear passenger door
    had a look online for some advise to fix it cheaply dont want to take it to the body shop skinto just now
    found the Simoniz pop a dent remover looks ok,anyone have any experience of it?
    also a hairdryer dry ice combo on you tube looked pretty simple again anyone tried this?

cynic-al
    Free Member

It’s easy DIY:

Alcopop
    Free Member

Yep im sure thats how it will end up
    a tinker too far

pixelmix
    Free Member

Would be interested to hear the reply to this too. I have a small golf ball sized dent on our car. It’s not very obvious but I can see it in certain lights so it annoys me. Something to ‘pop’ it out might be useful.

People that dent cars in car park are really annyoing. I’ve also got a mark on the drivers door from some idiot who cleraly has those reflectors on their doors, and opened their door onto our car. Grrr. 👿

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Put a rubber sucker on it and pull it out

Alcopop
    Free Member

would it be as easy as that ??
    worth a try i suppose,theres no major paint damage and like pixelmix its not that obvious just annoying
    oh yes carpark door thumpers really boil my pi$h

bigsurfer
    Free Member

Their used to be a dent remover in Bolton that used to work from a carpark on saturdays he was very reasnoble he took 3 small dents from one side of my car for about £40. Maybe you could look for somebody similar. Its not as simple as one tool fixes all dents he had a huge number of specially bent peices of metal etc many home made. It was like watching an artist at work.

Daffy

Alcopop – Member

would it be as easy as that ??

If only! Try and apply a generous amount of heat to it and tease it out using a small rubber mallet/piece of wood from the inside.

willyboy
    Free Member

If you need to get at the back of the dent most car door trims are very easy to take off. I worked for Autoglass one summer and was suprised how easy it is to remove the trim. You will then have access to the back of the dent to push it out.

If you have a traditional window winder (as opposed to electric windows) these just pull off. Some door handles may be screwed on – if this is the case you normally have to lever a small cover off to get at the screws. Once the handle/ winder are off you can normally just prise the trim off.

beanieripper
    Free Member

I got a dent from someone in a carpark on our car door. This was in the winter, so on a cold morning i poured a kettlefull of boiling water on it and it just popped out! magic. doesnt work as well with really small pointy dents…

mightymarmite
    Free Member

Ditto the mobile dent removers, had a fairly heavy nudge on the front guard but didn’t break the paint. Cost £75 to have it removed and he did a small ding that I didn’t even know about on the door for free.

Dent bloke

rossi46
    Free Member

The car park wasnt in Lewisham was it?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘removing a small dent from a car door’ is closed to new replies.