Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Refused Service Due To My Eyes!
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Well I tell ye I’m totally Gobsmacked went for a lovely meal with my partner and her sister and partner then decided to go to local real ale pub to finish the night off. Happily ordered a round of drinks and stood happily chatting amongst ourselves and others in the pub all very civilised. I went to order another round of drinks starting with water for my partner then a G&T for her sister upon which the assistant manager refused to serve giving no good reason apart from my eyes??? I didn’t kick up a fuss just turned away in utter bewilderment. Apparently my eyes were red as sister in law decided to take the matter up and Assistant manger kept saying it my eyes?? Now I was wearing contact lenses that do cause dry eye do they can become bloodshot but it’s bloody crazy to refuse service down to this. Put a whole damper on otherwise fab night.

Mrs well impressed that I took it in my stride and rather funny that her gobbo sister true to form took the matter up to no avail. I often drink in said pub (Albion Conwy) so no stranger and always impeccably behaved and now feeling rather hard done by. How should I flame the pub other than Twitter and Trip Advisor.

TooTall
    Free Member

They don’t have to serve you. We only have your word, we don’t know if the pub has had a warning for serving people too pished etc etc.

Manager did their job. Get over it.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Speaking from the Netherlands…

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

OP in the pub earlier….

JoeG
    Free Member

Wear some of these next time!

konabunny
    Free Member

her gobbo sister true to form took the matter up to no avail.

That’s a surprise!

Bregante

Perhaps you could have convinced him to look a little closer.

acidchunks

Bit daft of the assistant manager to make that judgement based on just your eyes. However it may have worked out better if you’d have discussed it politely with them instead of just accepting.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

“You’re drunk, I can’t serve you”.

I can see it in their eyes before they say it.

A good time for “In the morning, I will still be drunk and you will still be ugly”.

federalski
    Free Member

I occasionally get the T-800’s when out on the batter after an early start, been refused entry into a few places because of it.
    You do look a bit drunk/ on something with the red eye so just take it on the chin, but I must admit I would be a bit peeved off if my local didn’t serve me because of it…

bruneep

cfinnimore – Member
    “You’re drunk, I can’t serve you”.

I can see it in their eyes before they say it.

A good time for “In the morning, I will still be drunk and you will still be ugly”.

Almost right

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

Winston Churchill

ninfan
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rrXmE19hFk[/video]

bonchance
    Free Member

I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.

I am always slightly bothered by this quote – Because he was allegedly drunk – I assume he wasn’t actually 5 when he said it, but just behaving like a 5yr old..

But at least then it could have been excused..

flippinheckler
    Free Member

LOL @ ninfan my new theme tune!

project
    Free Member

wear sunglases, women and some men where wearing sunglases over the weekend on the merseyrail underground the sun never shines down there.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Bit daft of the assistant manager to make that judgement based on just your eyes. However it may have worked out better if you’d have discussed it politely with them instead of just accepting.

He didn’t give me the opportunity rudely walked away, I just stood dumbfounded by it and left. Assistant manager was very unprofessional. Thanks for the stock STW suck it up responses however entitled to feel annoyed for not a very nice end to my birthday.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I paraphrased that quote to hopefully remove the sexist misogyny that was so much a part of old Winston.

Mind you, ever been bladdered on the Champers?

Grumpy grape juice.

takisawa2

Should have got one of the others to order loads of pints…then shrug shoulders & say sorry, colour doesn’t look right.

Then run off.

(But unable to run fast as laughing too much, like when we were all children playing knock & run, scrumping etc).

jambourgie
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHM-z_rHz9M[/video]

RustySpanner

Packet of antihistamines in back pocket, just in case?

acidchunks

He didn’t give me the opportunity rudely walked away

Wow, what a cockend. As a former assistant pub manager that’s inexcusable behaviour on his part.

If I were you I’d make a complaint. If it were my pub I’d want to know one of my managers was an asshole and setting that kind of example to the rest of the staff.

jon1973
    Free Member

Tripadvisor is always a good way to vent when you get crap service.

mistergrizzly
    Free Member

What he didn’t realise was that it wasn’t a Real Ale Inn but “really A&E In…” If only he knew this mess could all have been avoided:

The ‘bar’ was the sign in desk and the only way of getting served with an albeit soft drink was from the vending machine in the foyer.

The assistant manager was the security guy who stepped in when you were trying to order a drink when all they wanted was your NI number and incident details, which were obviously a serious eye issue!

There… Cleared it all up 😀 😉

Just kidding there buddy, worked as a pub manager for years, he might’ve thought he had his reasons, but they were probably wrong, can’t get the staff eh!

chewkw
    Free Member

Do people really give up their common sense nowadays? I mean this asst manager sounds like a real arsewhore zombie maggot without even wanting to let you explain … how stooopid is this?

twoniner
    Free Member

I used to like nipping along to Conwy and having a few in the Albion but to be honest I find the place, staff and some that drink in there a bit pretentious.

Drac

I think they have a fair point, no sober man would order a water in a pub.

maccruiskeen

project
    wear sunglases,

just remember to keep them on

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Hmmm, me & the Mrs were planning on a trip to North Wales later this year, been to Conwy a couple of times before. Will be giving The Albion a miss….unless my blepharitis flares up then I might pop in to see if I get served or not!
    That assistant manager sound like a right dipstick.

mooman
    Free Member

Pubs are struggling enough at the moment. Very surprising to hear they would turn away custom simply because you had bloodshot eyes.

Unless you were being rather loud and a nuisance and they were just looking for an excuse ??

Danny79
    Free Member

Probably just bad call by assistant manager but if Conwy was anything like Southampton it would have been messy after a long hot day. I was out but sober because I’m on call and there were plenty of folks in a right state. Might even have confused you with another group everyone has a bad day now and then plus few are willing to admit a mistake once they’ve made it. Well done for taking it in your stride if anything it proves you weren’t in a state.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Well I’d never get a drink in your local as after a day at dusty work or in the sunshine I have permanently blood shot eyes!

johndoh
    Free Member

I’d go back in and ask to speak to the manager, explaining your disappointment at being treated like that. It really does sound a bit out of order.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Refused Service Due To My Eyes!’ is closed to new replies.