Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Sunny weekend approaching – what are you up to?
  • mikemorini
    Free Member

Pub lunch tomorrow for daughters birthday (Her idea).
    Wild Boar chase on Sunday, then mother in laws for tea and cake 🙂

woody2000

Kids school disco tonight, mates 40th tomorrow so BBQ & beer (all dayer 😕 ), Sunday – hoping to sneak a ride in at some point, the length of which will be inversely proportional to the amount of beer and dead animal consumed on Sat no doubt!

yossarian
    Free Member

Took the day off today, lovely down here on the Kent coast. Been a busy bee; got my hair cut, mowed the lawns, done all the washing, tidied up the house, set up bird feeding area in the garden and been for a couple of pints at my mates micropub! Going for a run in an hour or two then out for beers tonight with mrs yoss. Buying some new running shoes tomorrow am and trying a 10k shortly afterwards. More beer tomorrow afternoon on the beach with plenty of paddling/swimming dependent on how cold the water is 🙂 more running, swimming and drinking on Sunday!

sharkbait
    Free Member

We’d be off to the beach for the weekend but daughter #1 has the National Schools Rowing Regatta next Friday so they are being dragged in to practice for 4 hours on both Saturday and Sunday (then she has to revise for exams in a couple of weeks) 🙁
    I think daughter #3 has something going on in town with friends on Saturday as well come to think of it.
    BBQ will be sparked up at some point though and I’m sure wife will be gardening.
    I’ll do a 10k on the rowing machine and maybe even a ride on Sunday morning!

Pub lunch tomorrow for daughters birthday (Her idea).

It was daughters #2&3 12th birthday last weekend so they took some friends bowling and then Pizza Express as we had some £70 worth of vouchers.
    Left them to it when they had decided to have 5 pizza’s between 10 of them. Came back to discover they’d had starters and the biggest pud on offer as well as extra drinks and had managed to spent £180!!
    We had a ‘discussion’ about this when the friends had gone home 😡

ourmaninthenorth

Into Manchester to the Etihad for tomorrow’s rugby fixtures as part of the Magic Weekend.

Beach on Sunday, I think. Formby or Ainsdale, not sure. We’ll decide on the day.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Got myself a 4 tonne digger and dumper to play in the garden with, 😀 in reality i’m digging the drainage for the extension i built 5 years ago, so i can finally get it signed off by building control.
    Hospital appointment tomorrow afternoon to tell me how much more my eyesight has deteriorated. 🙁

fotheringtonthomas
    Free Member

Beer tonight,/early dog walk ,/working Sat then beery dog walk ,/ then it is set rain on Sunday so roasted meats and wine ,/ oh I AM INJURED

nedrapier

On a plane to Tromsø for a weeks so touring in the Lyngen Alps. Sent using Norwegian Air’s on-plane wifi. Fancy.

enjoy the warm sunny weather for me. It’s a bit cold and cloudy where I’m going. :-/

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Cycle over step dads 90th party for a bit then head to local wood to find some trails I’ve been told about then cycle home. Sunday mow lawns and then try about 30 miles up, down and along the Ridgway.

dantsw13

Off to QECP for the Night Gravity Enduro. It’s my first race, so I’m cacking myself! Somebody mentioned DUST!!!

chvck
    Free Member

Gardening (joy…) tomorrow morning and a bbq in the afternoon. Riding somewhere on Sunday. I’d try to squeeze in a local ride tomorrow morning too but the riding around Oxford really is not motivating!

cheers_drive

Road ride, BBQ, Gardening

_tom_
    Free Member

Woburn singletrack stuff was pretty decent last night! Not as good as the dh stuff (which is just such a mess right now) but still pretty fun. Road bike this/tomorrow evening then I’ll do some more woburn exploration on monday evening to avoid the rush hour traffic. Can see this being a regular occurrence after early shifts!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Forest of Dean camping, cider and sunshine 🙂

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Update, now pissed on real ale.

Bregante

Three day weekend here!

Its the lovely Mrs B’s birthday on Sunday and we were both off on Friday so a shopping trip into Manchester and then lunch at Rio Ferdinands Rosso where no1 son cooked our starters and joined us for dessert. 8)

She’s been over in scouseland today with family while I’ve spruced up the garden ready for a bit of an all day long celebration in the sun tomorrow.

No riding but still a great weekend!

iainc

Wet, windy 12 degrees in Glasgow….. 3k swim this morn, either road ride local 50 miles or a few hrs at Cathkin tomorrow, weather permitting

jeffl

Out at 6 this morning for a quick ride around holymoorside and Linacre reservoirs way. Lovely morning although I did find some mud.

willard

The wife and I signed a temporary truce yesterday so that I could go and look at a van in Essex. It cost me a trip to Braintree Freport, but I can deal with that. However, we did have a very serious chat last night and things seem far better than they were at the beginning of the week.

With that in mind, I’m now booking our summer holiday and we’re planning on doing a food festival/friends house for lunch and then a BBQ with the people across the road. We’ve also got some plants to get in the ground at the allottment.

ampthill

Yesterday was a walk in the Chilterns. Wendover Woods. Not the most scenic but we had 3 dogs along

Then a BBQ with sister in Laws family

Mum over for Coffe this morning. Then Woburn with the in laws in a minute (biking st Woburn)

Houns

Had a lovely chilled weekend camping near Church Stretton. Sadly no bike, but lots of beer, food & beautiful weather. I’m sure I spotted some STW’ers too at the dragon and on our campsite

Klunk
    Free Member

some great Live Blues/Jazz in the pub garden yesterday nursing sunburn and hangover today

martinhutch

Lovely 25 miler in the South Dales despite niggling injuries and discovering I’d left my helmet somewhere I shouldn’t have. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blinking lovely wasn’t it 8)

Hope your legs hurt this morning. 😆

ampthill

Yes mine hurt

Too ashamed to say how little biking was needed

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Mock up of The Somme.

This is very thirsty work, will be necking a few ales tonight.

Viewing 26 posts - 41 through 66 (of 66 total)

The topic ‘Sunny weekend approaching – what are you up to?’ is closed to new replies.