Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)
  • Referendum Predictions
  • loddrik
    Free Member

I couldn’t care less if they stay or go

BUT

As it affects us all then we should all (as in UK citizens) have had a vote

The Yes side has a pretty xenophobic tinge to it IMO

If I was a Scot (though my dad is full on Glaswegian) I’d probably vote Yes to have as little to do with the Tory toffs as possible

I find Salmond and Sturgeon utterly repulsive

Why is the yes campaign led by a couple of fish…? 😕

swavis

No 51.5%

edit- well I bloody hope so at least 😉

mike_p
    Free Member

No 52%

Not even the majority of Scots are daft enough to swallow Salmond’s BS whole, though no doubt the agitators will have their shoulder chips enlarged almost exponentially. Nothing good was ever born out of nationalism.

kjcc25
    Free Member

58% N0

marcus7
    Free Member

I reckon a bigger no vote than predicted and that will be that. not that i have a vote but i don’t think the opinion polls are that accurate for this particular issue and that there are more “no” voters that have said yes when asked as they may want to be seen to be pro independence and i don’t think it works the other way round. people generally like stability and being able to plan a bit ahead and will tolerate a lot of crap because its the crap they are used to….

GrahamS

Your trying to tell me 99.75% of sweaties can write???

Ah the ironing. 😀

edd

No: 50.8%

mudshark
    Free Member

Score draw followed by big fight which the yessers win so fewer noerrs followed by another vote which the yessers win.

bigjim

Based on my office, No 100%!

soobalias
    Free Member

bunch of bloody fence sitters.

Im in.

No – 87%
    Yes – 13%

whats the prize anyway? winner takes all or a three way split

andyl
    Free Member

Sadly not a real image:

I think our (rest of UK) could have done a better job sooner of showing the Scots we want them to stay. Fingers crossed.

Harry_the_Spider

BUT all it’ll take is a stupid comment from someone on the No campaign

They had some muppet Tory student from Aberdeen University on 5Live doing that this morning. Prick.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@jim bo and @a505 excellent 😀

No 56
    Yes 44

Turnout lower than expected, 75%
    AS to claim its been a victory for Scotland

tomd
    Free Member

59% No 41% yes

I think the Yes campaign has been quite in your face, but the majority of people I know are quietly wishing it would all just go away and are bemused about how the referendum came about in the first place. That said, either way I don’t think it will do the country any good.

loddrik
    Free Member

If yes get in does that mean I’ll need my passport to go to Glentress..? 😕

tomd
    Free Member

If yes get in does that mean I’ll need my passport to go to Glentress..?

No you’ll just be shot trying to cross.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

No it means you’ll have to ride in England, work out your own routes, and – gasp! Horror! – ride your bike UP a hill…

leffeboy

No 60. And then the worlds biggest Edinburgh Defense when Salmond claims he didn’t really mean it and he was just trying to get more concessions from Westminster

hora
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/events/scotland-decides/poll-tracker

Just how accurate are these polls though compared to the outcome?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

and the only prediction that will hold true is that there will be a lot of miserable Scots when it’s announced and it will all be somebody elses fault 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

59% No 41% yes

I think the Yes campaign has been quite in your face, but the majority of people I know are quietly wishing it would all just go away and are bemused about how the referendum came about in the first place. That said, either way I don’t think it will do the country any good.
    I hope you are right, it came about by voting the SNP into a majority – IMO it was inevitable AS wuold press for a referendum until it was granted. No I don’t think it will have done Scotland any good, the divisions will roll on for some time.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Just how accurate are these polls though compared to the outcome?

@hora
    we will answer that on Friday, or possibly Thursday night after the exit polls as those are traditionally very accurate.

andytherocketeer

will be steering well clear of the book of farce on Friday (and the weekend)

dunno how long the count will take? (assume highlands and islands may take a while to bring all the ballot papers in?)

swavis

Around 7am was mentioned on the BBC lunchtime news

Rockape63
    Free Member

They reckon they’ll have the results by 7am Friday morning!

tsk

BoardinBob

I’m voting no. Previously I thought it would be 51% No but now I reckon 60% yes. My only hope is that the yes group are simply more vocal and that’s making them seem more popular than they are.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

55% No 45% Yes

swavis

I’m voting no. Previously I thought it would be 51% No but now I reckon 60% yes. My only hope is that the yes group are simply more vocal and that’s making them seem more popular than they are

+1

BoardinBob

I’ve got a friend on suicide/ going postal watch in the event of a no vote. I genuinely fear for his sanity and the phrase swivel eyed loon was never more appropriate.

Sui
    Free Member

NO, because i don’t think the general public in Scotland are that stupid.

TiRed

N 54%
    Y 46%

Kinnock effect – in the cold light of the ballot box, voters will not be able to bring themselves to vote for financial meltdown for the sake of a thistle on a passport.

bigjim

I predict Edinburgh goes **** mental because several of the more notorious pubs are open til 5 or 6. Once they close there’s only 2 places in the city for people to go until the bars open again at 10 AFTER the result is announced.

I’m staying in. There will be idiotic, patriotic, spastic carnage.

Yes we were laughing about that in the office earlier. I think you should get a No t shirt on and go join in and be our roving reporter and see what happens to you 🙂

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m staying in. There will be idiotic, patriotic, spastic carnage.

Not the most PC post ever !

You are right though, I think in all the celebrating/comiserating there will be fatalities through excessiveness drunkeness and/or stupidity. I could easily imagine some quite unpleasant confrontations too.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

56% in favour in breaking the union

I’ll be sorry to think of Scots as foreigners

Rockape63
    Free Member

Yes….you won’t see many No voters out celebrating. They’ll all stay at home and have a quiet cup of tea I fancy.

yossarian
    Free Member

52/48 for a no

There will be idiotic, patriotic, spastic carnage.

😀

finishthat
    Free Member

52/48 either way – X the legacy will be a divided and bitter population or not …

ninfan
    Free Member

No 57

GrahamS

There have already been abuse and bomb threats made to No supporters, so it could get very ugly.

I’m staying this side of the wall till it all dies down.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/346635/north-east-firm-received-bomb-threats-over-referendum-views/
    http://www.itv.com/news/2014-09-16/i-have-a-confession-to-make-i-am-not-enjoying-covering-the-scottish-referendum/

imnotverygood

53N
    47Y

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘Referendum Predictions’ is closed to new replies.