Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Redbull Hardline – mental downhill!
  • mudpackerdan
    Free Member

Absolutely mental. Top mtbers are getting so good its almost like a different sport! How he rides that fast I don’t know, it really does almost look like its been sped up!

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Completely mental, I wonder if Rachel considered it? Her, Ragot and Manon might be able to have a crack?

legend
    Free Member

Her, Ragot and Manon might be able to have a crack?

Not a chance. If those boys are saying it was ridiculous then there’s no way those girls were making it down

darrenspink
    Free Member

I reckon quite a good number of world cup stars couldn’t handle this. The dh tracks they whip down are pretty flat in comparison.

digga
    Free Member

On another level entirely. If Dan Atherton is blowing before he’s even halfway into the course, it must be absolute nails.

One of the great shames with POV cameras is how tame they make everything look (gave up with mine because it just seemed to take videos of me hyperventillating about nothing) but even allowing for the standard Go-Pro flattening, that still looks fiendishly difficult.

snorkelsucker
    Free Member

^^^ what Digga said.

Most stuff you watch and think, yeah, I’d have a bash at that. Not this though. The speed they carried to juuust make it over some of those gaps was unreal. That rock drop in the woods where the marshall was stood below gave the true perspective of its height – 4-5m maybe.

Wonder how they narrowed it down to the few that actually took part in the race down there. Sponsors? Insurance? or just balls?!

Pretty humbling to watch really in terms of just how good those guys are. Shame Gee’s run didn’t end well – would have been good to see how he compared to Dan!

jimjam
    Free Member

snorkelsucker

Wonder how they narrowed it down to the few that actually took part in the race down there. Sponsors? Insurance? or just balls?!

Looks like they narrowed it down based on who was living close, and not injured. With the exception of Vink and Bruni, one of whom I imagine might have been subbing for Bryceland, they’re all English aren’t they?

dti

The track is near one of the highest peaks in wales, you need to go there to appreciate how steep it is, like with downhill skiing the camera tends to flatten the terrain.

Lifer
    Free Member

mattjg – Member

lol @ ‘bit dull’

+1!

From the man himself:

The course was incredible, scary and difficult; usually tracks of this kind have average sections linking up the jumps, but Dan did an amazing job of making the sections link together seamlessly and scaring the living daylights out of us!

Shame about Gee puncturing, 2 seconds up at the split is incredifast.

honourablegeorge

snorkelsucker – Member
    ^^^ what Digga said.

Most stuff you watch and think, yeah, I’d have a bash at that. Not this though. The speed they carried to juuust make it over some of those gaps was unreal. That rock drop in the woods where the marshall was stood below gave the true perspective of its height – 4-5m maybe.

Yep… no sense of this kind of scale

jimjam – Member

Looks like they narrowed it down based on who was living close, and not injured. With the exception of Vink and Bruni, one of whom I imagine might have been subbing for Bryceland, they’re all English aren’t they?

It’s a Dan Atherton build, much liek that insane Quarry thing they did a while back – I was up at Revolution Bie Park and walked some of that course – paced out one of the smaller gaps near the bottom – it was 73ft from takeoff to landing (and there was only about 30 feet to land on and take off again after it). Video scarcely does justice to the scale of the thing.

moshimonster
    Free Member

Bit dull.

Not hard enough for you then?

These courses are becoming mental. This and some of those urban DH courses are just insane. I’m actually wondering how long it will be before someone pays the ultimate price. I can understand why some of the top guys would simply not want to take the risks.

But anyway hats off to anyone with balls that big and the skills to match. Dull it is not!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Redbull Hardline – mental downhill!’ is closed to new replies.