Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Red laces to support British Heart Foundation
  • project
    Free Member

Following on the thread of the cyclist who died of a heart attack on the London To Brighton ride at the weekend.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/oh-no-cyclist-death

I got a pair of red laces from a cycling show,that i wear in my cycling shoes to suport the work and bring to peoples attention the risk of heart disease,(my mum died of a heart attack), so just like the Armstrong bands in yellow, wear your red laces with pride, and tell others to do so.

myheadsashed

didn't skinheads used to have red laces too for a/what reason?

Yes, it was something like red laces for the NF, white laces for the BNP.

BHF is just a vivisection business that has made no significant advances in the prevention or cure of human heart disease.
    Don't waste your money on them.

sofaking
    Free Member

BHF is just a vivisection business that has made no significant advances in the prevention or cure of human heart disease.
    Don't waste your money on them.

can we have some evidence to support your accusations please ?

soobalias
    Free Member

really the stw regulars are on form today.

a thread dealing with the death of a fund raising cyclist is quickly overtaken by hora/sfb throwing baseless accusations that the guy 'deserved' it as he probably spent his life drinking heavily, then on to arguing about the finer details of TT.

now this.

charity > racism > vivisection

*is more sickened by the cycling fraternity than usual*

Some of us find vivisection pretty sickening too along with the way vivisection charities use emotional blackmail and peoples reluctance to ask questions about exactly what they do with the money to keep themselves in business.

I'll do a bit more research when I've got more time later.
    This will have to do for now.

‘‘Heart disease rarely occurs in dogs, and it’s usually because they have been bred to grow abnormally large. In one BHF-funded study, experimenters cut open dogs’ chests and circulated their blood out of their bodies and back in again in order to cause the blood pressure in the dogs’ neck arteries to change rapidly. The experimenters’ conclusion? That a person who bends down and suddenly stands up could experience dizziness and fainting! In another experiment, experimenters implanted electrodes into dogs and injected other dogs’ blood into their bodies. The stated purpose was to find out about blood storage in the liver, even though the experimenters acknowledged that dogs store their blood differently from people.’

And in the great tradition of religious arguments, the onus is on the BHF, or its supporters, to provide positive proof of medical advances, not for me to provide negative proof.
    What is the BHF's budget and what have they achieved ?

toby1

I reckon if you mentioned Mother Theresa on this site someone would come up with something bad to say about her too!

jon1973
    Free Member

Don't get me started on Mother Theresa.

soobalias
    Free Member

the north east essex vegan times.

what a quote.

no really im very impressed.

"Heart disease rarely occurs in mother theresa. In one BHF-funded study, experimenters cut open MT……."

at least ive got my inverted commas matching!

hora
    Free Member

a thread dealing with the death of a fund raising cyclist is quickly overtaken by hora/sfb throwing baseless accusations that the guy 'deserved' it as he probably spent his life drinking heavily, then on to arguing about the finer details of TT.

No it was a general comment that STW'ers might enjoy a tipple and ride the next day. I for one have spent many first climbs with a hangover etc. Years of enjoying the finer points of life make it harder on your body. I also added that I for one would probably keel over on the trail in my later years.

Doesn't your blood thicken through lack of hydration etc etc after a night drinking?

Drink + Eat merrily + strenuous activity = inevitable in later life.

How does that make me callous?

project
    Free Member

The whole point of this thread was to raise attention of heart disease, my mum died of a heart attack, my died of Prostate Cancer,other people i know have died of other serious either treatable or non treatable illneses.

I was just trying to raise awareness, not deviate about bunnies smoking fags or other medical research, i wasnt asking anyone to donate to charities, just to wear something that would be a talking point, people asking why the red laces.

People wear yellow bands, or pink or yellow ribbons.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Red laces to support British Heart Foundation’ is closed to new replies.