Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • Recruitment Agencies – Advice
  • v8ninety

If I was in the same room as Hitler, Osama bin Laden and a recruitment agent and only had 2 bullets I would shoot the recruitment agent twice.

this would seem fairly sensible seeing as the other two are already dead.

starfanglednutter
    Free Member

5 golden rules:

1. Don’t put your CV on a website – it will get picked up by multiple recruiters all looking after the same jobs. Some of them will already have sent your CV to their clients without your permission. Ooops 🙂
    2. Pick 2/3 recruiters that have good reputations among your peers. Get your peers to refer you, as they may pick up a reward that you can go halves on. Make sure they (or you) sign a registration form that states the recruiters can’t send your CV anywhere without permission, Check small print to make sure there is no caveat stating that a conversation counts as permission, and that they don’t have carte blanche. The trick here is to keep control of your CV.
    3. If they lack details of the role or clients – ditch them. The ones that are good – be loyal to them, as they will have loyal clients who trust their advice. Keep checking with them but don’t hound them.
    4. Source your own job through LinkedIn and twitter, Networking is the new recruitment. Join Oil and Gas LinkedIn groups and see who’s advertising on them. Seek out HR people and Talent Acquisition Managers in companies and make direct approaches. You are more likely be hired if you don’t come with a 20 – 30% recruiter fee on top.
    5. Make yourself ready – practice being interviewed if possible. New jobs are about how you sell yourself. Get as much feedback as possible and use it to alter your approach and your CV as necessary.
    Hope that’s of some help.

veedubba

Aren’t you in recruitment Hora?

hora
    Free Member

Indeed. I have to keep remembering not to defend ‘the industry’ as I agree wholeheartedly with the comments but not me/for me.

veedubba

I only know you are because you sent me email about a job over the summer!

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Recruitment Agencies – Advice’ is closed to new replies.