Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Recomend me a smart turbo trainer
  • Valleyboy123
    Free Member

Hi all
    Fancy one for the winter but haven’t got a clue, lbs are selling Tacx Sortari for £180 which seems like a good price but I’ve read that the software is really poor?

Looking to spend up to £250

Cheers
    Nick

gray

Depends on what you mean by ‘smart’. There isn’t a universal definition. The Satori is only ‘smart’ in the sense that it will transmit some data (including virtual power). You can’t (and this is true of several other turbos labelled as ‘smart’) electronically vary the resistance on the Satori. If you want software to be able to control the turbo’s resistance then the easiest thing is probably to look for ‘ANT+ FE-C’ in the description. (There are a few that you can control without FE-C but probably not in your price range.)

For truly smart ones, the only options for that sort of money that I know of are the Tacx Vortex Smart (if you get lucky and find a deal) or Tacx Flow Smart (only from Halfords or Decathlon I think).

Valleyboy123
    Free Member

Cheers I thought that if you used Zwift the resistance on the turbo would replicate the gradient, is this not the case?

Cheers
    Nick

wilburt
    Free Member

Boggo Tacx unless your loaded then get a Neo.

stumpy01

For your budget the Tacx Flow Smart will do variable resistance on Zwift….

stumpy01

More info in this current thread about Zwift that might be useful…and search for the titaniumgeek Zwift guide on Google…

gray

Cheers I thought that if you used Zwift the resistance on the turbo would replicate the gradient, is this not the case?

Not with the Satori, no. The Flow Smart can do that.

dc2.0

Just got a Tacx flow smart from Halfords with BC discount down from 189 to 172. Official name is Tacx flow smart T2240. Only Halfords and decathlon seem to sell it, so relatively little online. Halfords review section very positive and listed as zwift compatible so at that price seemed worth a shot.

Started on zwift this week with a non smart cyclops that I’ve tried to motivate myself to use in the past but couldn’t cope with the boredom. Zwift certainly helps pass the time and provides some structure but I also wanted the gradient and erg mode so bought this…

Haven’t had a proper session yet, just calibrated the unit , updated the firmware and tested that the ant+ fec stuff worked.

So far so good. Hopefully not too good to be true at that price.

timidwheeler
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Recomend me a smart turbo trainer’ is closed to new replies.