Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Recommended ss chaintug for slot dropouts?
  • addy6402

Hi,

Can anyone please recommend a decent chaintug for my ss slot dropout inbred?

Thanks 🙂

deserter
    Free Member

I got one from on-one seems to work fine

Clink

On-one one (!!) works great..

firestarter
    Free Member

i like my surly one and it opens beer bottles too 🙂

julianwilson
    Free Member

on-one errr, one has a very narrow range of adjustment on the slotty inbred, but it works ok once you find some much longer screws for it or use a half link.

I got some cheapy 'savage' branded ones from ebay for a fiver posted (pair) and filed/dremmelled down them rather a lot: they pull on the axle (inside the dropout) rather than the qr and still have a fairly useable range of adjustment. Only drawback is you need a 10mm spanner out with you to take the wheel off.

charliedontsurf

You really can't beat the surly tuggnut. Amazing design a true price of zen engineering.

We stock many others and many will be ok. But who wants ok when you can have amazing?

s8tannorm
    Free Member

Aye, I've got a tugnut on an Inbred, it really is very nice. I've got an On One tug on a cx single speed and that works ok too … just doesn't look as nice.

Pays your money etc.

Seamus
    Free Member

Another vote for the Surly tuggnut. Got one on my roadrat and its so much easier to use than the standard one it replaced.

addy6402

Much obliged folks, I have the on-one tugs on my Inbred but not too impressed….will check out the Surlys!

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

The MKS one fits neatly

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Recommended ss chaintug for slot dropouts?’ is closed to new replies.